Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this look for a boosted up reverb unit circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this look for a boosted up reverb unit circuit?

Started with a stock Fender reverb unit schematic and added some parts in the dry signal path. The idea is to be able to slightly boost the dry signal or lower it down, and at the same time be able to have as much or as little reverb as needed, regardless of where the dry signal level is at. There are asterisks inserted at the places where I added or changed values or components. Will this work as drawn? Any areas of concern?

As always, thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reverb.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	866.3 KB
ID:	871249
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

I wouldn't be to confident in that couple hundred volts on the first plate going directly to the second grid through that direct couple. Not sure why we used two stages of a low gain tube instead of one stage of the high gain 12AX7.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Maybe I should put a resistor between the 1st plate and 2nd grid, perhaps a 10k or so? Just enough to knock the voltage down a little going into the grid?

And the tube choice was just a result of not wanting too much gain but not wanting an unused triode either, but both would work I suppose.
      ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

VOltage would only reduce if current flowed through the resistor, so you'd also need a grid to ground resistor. But even that would still leave the grid WAY high voltage, in my mind anyway. I would put a DC blocking cap from plate to grid, and a 1 meg resistor grid to ground.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok so like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	reverb3.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	866.3 KB
ID:	844661
          ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Working...
          X