Latest project - Deluxe Name Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest project - Deluxe Name Plate

I'm making a scratch built 5E3 and was looking for a "Deluxe" amp badge.
    Didn't see anything readily available so I made my own.

I went to a sticker shop and got a whole bunch made up (had to do a minimum order).
    Applied them on a metal plate and Painted over with some Kona Brown spray paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3433.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	871257

Not to have any trademark infringements, I omitted "Fender" and used a common script font.

I think it turned out pretty good, thought I share.
    Last edited by Mike F1; 02-01-2017, 08:27 PM.

Kool! Looks good as any I've seen.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

That does look good, Mike!
      I thought I had bought one online, but when I got it, it said Fender!
      There's a fellow on the bay who will make custom one's, (I'm thinking of some with my initials in script), but he wants about $20 ea.

Comment

Thanks!
        It took a few tries to get it right. lol. Hard to judge to cure time and when to peel off the sticker.

I did made a couple extra. PM me if you are interested.

Mike

Comment

Looks great -- classy and authentic.

"Classy and authentic" are not a natural fit for me so I use automotive logos. They're cheap, they're on EBay and they're ready to go.

Here's my 5E3. The S-Line badge is from Audi and the DeLuxe emblem is a repro of a 39-41 pickup truck:

Comment

Originally posted by S a m View Post
            Looks great -- classy and authentic.

"Classy and authentic" are not a natural fit for me so I use automotive logos. They're cheap, they're on EBay and they're ready to go.

Here's my 5E3. The S-Line badge is from Audi and the DeLuxe emblem is a repro of a 39-41 pickup truck:

Wow! great idea. There's lots of them on ebay. Different styles too.
            Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

I know a few of you like to DIY things... I did a little video on how I made these badges. Hope is inspires you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike F1 View Post
                Didn't see anything readily available so I made my own.
                Looks good, thanks for sharing! As it happens, I'm just at the tail end of an amp project of my own, and am trying to figure out how to make a badge for it (a friends initials).

(I'm trying two different approaches myself. If I'm happy with either or both, I'll share those methods too. In my case, I'm not trying to reproduce a look-alike to an existing consumer product.)

I went to a sticker shop and got a whole bunch made up (had to do a minimum order).
                Could you share the name of the sticker shop? I'm in your area of the world, and this could be a useful resource. Pretty please?

Applied them on a metal plate and Painted over with some Kona Brown spray paint.
                I must be having a low-IQ day, but thought I watched your video, I am confused how you started with see-through letters with a black background, sprayed the whole thing brown, and ended up with see-through letters on a brown background. I was expecting to see brown letters on a clear metal background after you were done. What am I missing?

I think it turned out pretty good, thought I share.
                It did indeed, thanks for sharing!

-Gnobuddy

Comment

I used Minuteman press in Abbotsford. They have locations all over the Lower Mainland.

Minuteman Press - Printing - Copying - Abbotsford, BC, V2S 2C6

The sticker masks off the parts that you don't want painted. You apply the sticker on bare/polished meal. Paint, peal the sticker off which then reveals the bare metal that is underneath.
                  Apply some clear coat so the metal won't tarnish. The sticker is sacrifishal.

Mike

Comment

I used Minuteman press in Abbotsford.
                    Thank you! (So sorry I missed seeing this post for two weeks!)

-Gnobuddy

Comment

Working...
                    X