No announcement yet.

Peavey CS800 burning R20 after power up 5.6 ohms 5 watt resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe you are exactly right, on that Enzo. I know you're right, about something burnt that resistor. Was going to do the pre board swap, and confirm, if the one board, was still faulty, as I do have one channel, that is working correctly. I also read, a very long explanation to a guy, and you have the patience of Jobe. Learned a ton on what you were explaining. This thing has had the triac board assy's removed, and the guy is lucky he didn't have voice coils as part of an unwanted pyrotechnics show. They are discontinued through PV, and I'm just going to build my own, and install them, after I get both channels, sound. Anyone have a digikey number for that SBS 14, which is Q2, on the triac board. Have most of the other parts rounded up. Dude gave me the number on the SAC 187, and I'm putting together an order for digikey, today. Gone into the pedal modding hobby. Boss pedals mostly. Bought the Wampler book, and learning a bunch. Am cursed with loving to build stuff, if one could call it that. Being one who can fix things, there's never a shortage of things to do. Thanks so much, guys. Would be a real treat to work beside you, for a week, or two. The magic, that one could learn. I got the Devry tech degree, and then went into the fix it business, years ago. I wish I understood circuit analysis, like some of you guys to. You're great to learn from. Thanks again.

Comment

Did you ask Peavey if they still have the SBS14 in stock?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, I did ask Peavey. They were real good about it all. They have some of the nicest people down there. I found the SBS 14, on the net, finally last night, as Peavey had discontinued, it along with many of these little parts. New part number, that I found is MBS-4992=8volt switch.(SBS-14) Maybe, it will help others, that might be doing the same thing, I'm going to do. Found a PCB board, that I can get for under $5 bucks. Going to die grind it in half, and build me own triac boards, with components, and I'll have my circuit protection, for my speakers, and maybe, have all of $15 bucks, in the boards, and components. I make things, when I need to. Digikey is going to get the order, today. Am almost positive, the real problem, that started it all, on this amp, is a high freq. oscillation, like several of you, have mentioned. Whether it's there, or not, there's a handful of components that could have failed, off that line, and caused the burning resistor, on the driver board. I'll find the little buggar, one way or another. Klondike Kat, always gets his mouse. Even it the mouse trap, might have an obsolete part, here, and there. Ha.. Never say die. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X