• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Sound Research

Anyone have any information?
    http://earth.ampage.org/
    -Matthias

What information do you want? Schematics are at Schematic Heaven. The amps are very simple and basic, more or less Fender BAssman clones.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

o.k. that and the peavey classic
      do you know anything about the solid state?
      which models = which peavey
      basically anything.

Comment

I know Peavey stuff inside and out, I've been doing warranty repairs on the brand for 20 years. I am equally at home in tubes and solid state gear, troubleshooting is troubleshooting after all.

Matthias, I am all about helping, but could you be a bit more specific. Peavey for example made hundreds of models, and within the Classic line alone they have made:
        Classic
        Classic VT
        Classic VTX
        Classic 20
        CLassic 30
        CLassic 50
        CLassic 50/50
        CLassic 60
        Classic 60/60
        Classic 100
        Classic 120
        Classic 120/120
        Classic 400.

Those are all either tube or tube/solid state hybrid.

Peavey is a very friendly company, and they will send you schematics for most anything they ever made if you send an email to parts@peavey.com and ask politely. Just don't ask for 15 drawings at once.

I'd be happy to try to answer most any question, as would most of the people here. So, what do you want to know?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thanks Enzo,
          Yeah ,peavey is VERY nice.
          but I'm not sure what model I would need to ask for as far as An Earth Original 2000(SS)
          it's billed as 400W in, 130 W out.
          And I havn't been able to find much as far as SS goes.
          Basically, where do I start?
          Last edited by Matthias; 08-09-2006, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere that Earth cloned the amps right down to the markings on the circuit board? If so, take a peek.

Comment

thanks TD,
              I'm not coming up with much other than Q.C. stamps
              I found nothing on the power amp board.
              on the pre-amp all I can find is "ASSY 50333"

Comment

Oh, you are not talking about the Earth tube amps then? Peavey sued Earth out of existence when they copied PV designs WAY too close. No I don't know which were which. If I saw the boards I might recognize them.

PLEASE tell us what Earth model you have, what you are trying to do with it, what information you specifically beed. Do you have a broken one you want to fix, or an operating one you want to modify, or parts of one you want to use elsewhere and need specs for?

Can you post photos?

Comment

Thanks Enzo.
                  I'm working on the photos,I have a driver issue.
                  the model is an "original 2000"
                  All I'm trying to do right now is collect information.
                  figure out what the foot switch is supposed to switch between (right now it does nothing)
                  Etc.

Comment

Peavey Phaser

I had a Classic VT when I first started playing about 15 years ago. I am a big fan of the phaser. Anyone no anything about the phase effect on the amp? Is there a pedal that they designed it after? I'll buy the amp if there's a way to take the phaser out and make a pedal out of it.

Comment

Hi Understone, welcome to the forum. I suggest you start a new thread, since a lot of folks might not be following this one about the old Earth amp.

You are not going to extract the phaser curcuit out of the PV amp very easily, though you could possible duplicate it. I doubt it was modelled after anything, they just engineered up a phase shifting circuit and stuck it in there.

PV used TL604 ICs as signal switching elements. This chip is long out of availability, but if you are making a stand alone effects, you could just as easily use a stomp switch or a relay for the TL604 functions. I'd have to think a bit about the OTAs.

Send an email to parts@peavey.com and request the schematics for the CLassic VT. They are a very friendly company.

Comment

i HAVE A EARTH SUPER BASS HEAD 440 AND I NEED A SCHEMATIC THE PEAVEY MUSCIAN LOOKS JUST LIKE IT BUT DOES NOT HAVE THE TRANSISTORS IN IT. i HOOKED IT UP TO A 20 WATT 8 OHM SPEAKER AND IT SMOKED THE SPEAKER. fIRST TIME FOR ME .... leT ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS - OR EVEN IF i NEED A SCHEMATIC TO FIX IT.

Comment

Originally posted by TRACY747 View Post
                          THE PEAVEY MUSCIAN LOOKS JUST LIKE IT BUT DOES NOT HAVE THE TRANSISTORS IN IT.
                          "Musician" looks similar but Peavey "Bass" is pretty much identical.

Ask Peavey for the schematics and see how close it is.

i HOOKED IT UP TO A 20 WATT 8 OHM SPEAKER AND IT SMOKED THE SPEAKER. fIRST TIME FOR ME .... leT ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS - OR EVEN IF i NEED A SCHEMATIC TO FIX IT.
                          With most certainty it has failed output transistors, perhaps some other problems too. Grap your multimeter, measure what has failed and fix it. You shouldn't need a schematic to do that but one can speed up things a bit.

Comment

Just bought an not working Earth 440 producer head. checked all the transisors and everything else on the board but everything seemed to be okay.. it only makes a humming noise and doesn't react to plugging in a bass guitar, in fact it doesn't react to anything, it's just humming... hope you guys can help me out.

Comment

Hi Red, welcome to the forum.

Let me suggest you just start a new thread for your amp. This thread has been dead for seven years other than a request in 2010. You will get a better response on a fresh thread.

If your hum is LOUD, your amp may be blown and putting DC on the speaker. Very bad for speakers. Otherwise hum is a sign of loss of filtration in the power supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X