No announcement yet.

Filmosound 302 conversion feasibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok that makes sense! Then there's really only one thing to be concerned with: whether or not it has a "hot" chassis. Please tell me if I have this right. There are two ways to tell: 1) there are 2 transformer on the chassis (is there ever a situation where there there is NOT a power transformer and TWO output transformers?), 2) if the chassis is NOT isolated from the projector body or any exposed metal parts, like the outer metal case (that you're touching during operation), and including the metal 1/4" microphone input socket which is directly attached to the sound amp metal protective cover, as is the case with my Ampro Stylist

Comment

Pretty much, if it lacks a power transformer, it is a hot chassis. A power transformer isolates all the secondary side voltages.

Hot chassis circuits are usually very basic, I cannot imagine the need for two output transformers in one.

Not likely in a projector, but in some amps, the output transformer was riveted to the speaker frame, so there would only be one transformer ON the chassis. SO you need to determine what the transformers do.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I doubt it's a hot chassis/series filament amp with that tube complement.

Comment

Which tube lineup do you have RandallM? If it is currently working as found, you should still put new filter caps in it and add a 3 prong cord.

Comment

Working...
          X