Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PV2000 Blown Circuit Breaker

Greetings all,

This PV2K came in totally dead. Besides finding about 2" of dirt throughout, I found and repaired channel 1. Working backwards, but I've now discovered that the circuit breaker will not reset. Pulled it - and it's totally blown. I've ordered another one, but I'm wanting to know if it would be safe to install a 10amp fuse to test this unit. The cb is rated 15A. I'm crossing my fingers that the transformer is ok here, but need to achieve power regardless first. The owner is extremely anxious to get this back. (I'm also anxious to deliver it.....)

Thanks so much-

I just re-read my original post. I'm under the influence of a Friday. I *know* I can sub a fuse for a circuit breaker....and that going lower on the amperage is ok. Sheesh. Sorry about that!

I have tested the tranny with my multimeter - and all appears to be ok. Correct ohms for each side.

What I haven't been able to locate is this: On the PV2K schematic, it shows that there is also a fuse on the AC Board. I have not been able to locate a fuse on this. Could it be that some of these amps came with it, and some didn't?

Sorry for the confusion -
    C

Comment

The little fan fuse is not on the AC board or the fan control board. If it exists, it would be in the wiring somewhere.

On the AC board drawing, to the left are the AC board and fan control board actual circuits. Upper right is the AC wiring diagram, which includes parts on the AC board and parts elsewhere. There is no fuse on the actual board.

If there is not a fuse in the AC wiring area, then it is not there. Modern fans are usually impedance protected anyway. They may have dispensed with it. The export version of the AC drawings has no fuse.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks so much Enzo. Clarified everything - and I now have it commited to memory. I've read many of your posts - and wonder if you have an opening for an understudy? Joking aside, I have learned a tremendous amount of helpful tips and tricks from your posts. Thanks so much for providing such a valuable service to us all.
        Regards -
        ChancesR

Comment

Working...
        X