Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature 2-conductor shielded cable

Hi all,

Not sure which forum to put this thread but I guess 'repair' is close.

I'm looking to buy a quantity of miniature 2-conductor shielded cable for amp and guitar repair. I prefer a woven shield, if possible. I'm wondering if any of the other 'repair guys' on this forum know a good source for this or know of a good product. The single conductor shielded mini-cable I'm using now is great but can't remember where I got it (I got a huge reel of it a long time ago). I use that in guitars and for shielding amp preamp grids but I need some 2 conductor shielded for some special stuff. The diameter I'd like is a little less than an 1/8 of an inch, about the diameter of a low E bass string (1.100). Microphone cable (which I have) is just too big for most guitar or amp applications and a not very elegant solution. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bob M.

apexjr.com
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

I prefer foil shield inside things, so much easier to deal with and is 100% shield. But for when I wanted flexible, I got me a roll of lavalier mic cord. the stuff they use on lapel mics for wireless belt packs. Very flexible, isn't stiff, has no shape memory, is a shielded pair.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

MOGAMIŽ - Miniature Balanced / Lavalier Microphone Cables
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Horizon/Rapco Mic2

Comment

Has anyone used "console cable"? I'm considering ordering some to try for similar applications.

2-24AWG, 0.115", Foil w/drain, $0.16/ft
            Gepco 72401EZ 2 Cond 24 Ga Twisted Pair Audio Cable - Black - Per Foot

2-25AWG, 0.126", Foil w/drain, $0.21/ft
            Canare L-2B2AT 2 Conductor Mic/Audio Cable Gray

2-25AWG, 0.098", Served (spiral) w/drain, $0.35/ft
            Mogami W2944 Neglex Console Cable - Black Per Foot

Edit:
            If you must have braided shield, this cable has "the look" - although a bit thicker than you asked.
            2-24AWG, 0.194", 95% braid, $0.56/ft
            http://www.markertek.com/product/mp1...cable-per-foot
            Last edited by rjb; 02-24-2017, 02:05 PM. Reason: Correction: W2944 is 2-25, not 2-26AWG
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Working...
            X