No announcement yet.

Tone Kraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I commented in there other thread about Tone Kraft ,Just call them & ask how long to get an order shipped ,I find the Email is not reliable with them .
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      You might try calling them and see what the problem is?
      William J. 856.314.8815

T
      From post #2.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Noted...I wonder if placing an order via telephone would be better as well?

Either way, I just got my magnets in today. Very happy! I wonder if it's easier for them to get backed up with flatwork as it's cut to order? One of the main things I'm interested in is their rod magnets as they have sizes no one else offers. I am more confident now and plan to make a much larger order next time for some rod magnets.

Comment

Heads up. Parts arrived today. One Telecaster set successfully wound. More tomorrow...

Comment

Further update. Placed another order, which got shipped within four days. Looks like Tone-Kraft is back on track again.

Comment

I’ve had great luck with Tone Kraft and since I often have custom spec something in my orders so I don’t expect 24 hour turn around.

With the boutique movement many of the best products are coming from guys in their garage often totally under capitalized so inventory has to be kept low and often better tools are financially out of reach.

Then one fateful day a glowing review is written up on a forum and the first few people to try out the Goods agree with the original poster. Then 100 people want The Goods, which could be a years production, right away. So then it is a juggle between building product, answering emails and everything else. Concentrate on product and TGP fills up with bad service posts. Concentrate on emails and have no time to make product and ....

It’s easy to say hire help but that’s more time finding, training, managing ...

Stranger still is trying to get any service from the biggest names is even more difficult than the one person shop but no one really expects good service despite all the employees and often higher sell prices.

People making top quality products really care about the quality of their product! Many are a bit, or a lot, introverted to work alone so answering crazy emails, or even the nice ones, is not the most appealing activity since many inquiries may take a long time to answer well.

Comment

Reprise Thread

Originally posted by Tone Kraft View Post
                A customer directed me to this thread, and I thought I should reply. I'll try to be short and to the point.

First, let me say that TeleUser's order has now been shipped. We shipped it Express in an effort to at least try to save a little time.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has experienced delays in their shipments as we are going through some growing pains. We just hired 2 new techs who will both be starting on the 27th. In addition, we have invested a large amount of money on new equipment to help run things a little more efficiently and speed the process up. Collectively we are also implementing a new model that along with our new help and equipment should bring our lead time to within 48 hours for "build to order". We are dealing with about a 2 week backlog at the moment. While we appreciate the work, our response has admittedly suffered at the same time. I am really sorry for the unacceptable wait time.

As far as communication goes, presently we receive a minimum of about 50+ emails on a slow day from around the world that require responses. These emails include questions about orders and ordering, custom builds, providing special invoices for special requests, engraving files, technical Q's, etc.. you get the picture. Providing as many custom options as we do also has a down side in that it requires an enormous amount of resources in regards to communication. I could easily spend an entire day answering emails (and sometimes do) and still not get to everyone. Lets not even talk about getting behind on emails and communications. Our expectation is that after implementing the changes mentioned above that it will help eliminate a portion of the correspondence we are currently handling. A simple solution would be to offer less options to our customers, but we are trying to avoid that at all costs. In fact, we have a lot more options and unique products coming up soon.

These changes will take somewhere in the range of 4-5 weeks to become fully implemented. I hope this helps to clear a few things up. We truly appreciate everyone's business, small and large, and thank everybody for their patience. Please know that a quality product along with great customer service is always our main goal, even if we fall short from time to time, we're always striving to improve... always learning.

Informatively,
                William
                It is now 2019, I see no difference. It would not be that hard to set up an automated reply to at least let your customers know that you are still in business. When you send emails, and use the "contact us:, you expect to get some kind of reply in a timely manner. . Otherwise take the "contact us" off of your site. Very frustrating to never get a reply to any question especially when it's about an order., which means "I sent you money". Customers matter, big and small. If you only want big business then say that, or tighten up. I order parts because I need them, if you are in a delay mode, let people know. Someone can easily answer emails, you just hit reply. Seems like you may have bitten off more than you can chew. Where do you get your parts? Maybe I can deal with them.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                  I did several orders during 2018, and all of them were delayed from 2 to 5 weeks. I received the last order with defect magnets (about 60 pieces). I wanted to leave a review on the site, but the moderator did not miss it for public viewing. I would like to create a new order, but I'm afraid that I will again have to turn on the long standby mode, and then receive the defect items. I had an idea to buy these on Ebay from Tone Kraft. Has anyone already used this idea? Maybe the order will be shipped faster, and the responsibility for quality will be higher !?
                  (sorry for my lame english)

Comment

I received the last order with defect magnets (about 60 pieces)
                    What was wrong with the magnets?
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by vitaliikit View Post
                      Hi everyone!
                      I did several orders during 2018, and all of them were delayed from 2 to 5 weeks. I received the last order with defect magnets (about 60 pieces). I wanted to leave a review on the site, but the moderator did not miss it for public viewing. I would like to create a new order, but I'm afraid that I will again have to turn on the long standby mode, and then receive the defect items. I had an idea to buy these on Ebay from Tone Kraft. Has anyone already used this idea? Maybe the order will be shipped faster, and the responsibility for quality will be higher !?
                      (sorry for my lame english)
                      I tried the ebay ordering, makes no difference, still takes too long. Also you will not hear. from them...ever. After two weeks, this time, I finally got a tracking number Thursday...BUT, it has not been shipped yet, just got a number. Makes no sense.
                      Last edited by R G; 05-26-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                        What was wrong with the magnets?
                        they are flawed. their ends were chipped. I think it should be sold as a discounted product .., but I do not need such.

Last edited by vitaliikit; 05-26-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

they are flawed. their ends were chipped. I think it should be sold as a discounted product .., but I do not need such.

Thanks. Unfortunately your pictures don't show.
                          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                            Thanks. Unfortunately your pictures don't show.
                            i corrected

Comment

Great! Can't wait to see what I get. if I ever get something

Comment

i corrected
                                Thanks. Now I see.
                                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                                X