X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tryng to attach an audio file with the problem
    Attached Files

Comment

I d'nt know this keyboard (is not mine). Where I can found them?

Comment

SOLVED ! External potentiometer not connected (for the sweep) and the system goes in error...... reconnected, it's all ok !
        Thanks at all !!!!
        Best regards
        Giulio

Comment

To follow up, these pots are a common failure on these Privias. I replaced it on two keyboards from the same customer last year ( he used to play in Rare Earth). And as far as I know, I bought the last one from KORG USA, because when I went to get the second one, they told me they had no more. So I had to find one I could modify by bending the legs and jumpering. I wish I could remember which replacement I used.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            To follow up, these pots are a common failure on these Privias. I replaced it on two keyboards from the same customer last year ( he used to play in Rare Earth). And as far as I know, I bought the last one from KORG USA, because when I went to get the second one, they told me they had no more. So I had to find one I could modify by bending the legs and jumpering. I wish I could remember which replacement I used.
            A few shops online sell the board assy. $110 lol

Seriously just buy the pot from that link I posted. It's a buck and a few bucks shipping. Remove the shaft from that one and put it in the old one. Reassemble, all fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by guitardad View Post
              Its the pot! I just fixed one last month on a PX110. The tab pin to the rotary shaft breaks off. Pot opens and feels loose.

You can't find that pot anywhere. Casio says not in stock.

What I did was find a similar pot and then removed the plastic shaft from new one (10k pot) and put it on the orig 5K pot.

It's also a strange layout for the pins so be cautious of replacements.

This should work for Eu dealer
              SOUNDCRAFT M ALPS ROTARY POTENTIOMETER 5-PIN 10K Rotary Potentiometers dm1248

For USA
              http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...jc3XqKL3wnY%3d

Or this one like I ordered. It's Hz mount, and 10K but I only needed the shaft. It was a couple mm longer, but I was able to cut it down easily with a util knife. I just removed the good plastic shaft and put that in the old one. Worked perfectly. about $4 w shipping.

https://www.westfloridacomponents.co...9K12A0A5F.html

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I signed up on this site just to ask you a question. I've been looking for a volume pot replacement for my px-110 for months. This gives me hope. Is there a reason you put two different links if the fix process is the same? I'm referring to the 2 US links. I have no idea exactly what is meant by "remove the plastic shaft and put it on the new one." Any way to send me a message explaining that a bit? I've never messed with a volume pot and I don't want to order this delicate piece, only to immediately break it. I couldn't send you a private message unfortunately. Thank you so much!

Comment

Showing multiple sources help when one runs out of stock.

Pots are held together often by small metal tabs bent over to hold the guts in place. SO if we need a new pot of one value but only have a different value, sometimes we disassemble a new wrong value pot and take the good shaft from it. We then disassemble the broken pot, remove the broken shaft, then install the new good shaft into the old pot. Thus you wind up with a good shaft in the right value pot.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Showing multiple sources help when one runs out of stock.

Pots are held together often by small metal tabs bent over to hold the guts in place. SO if we need a new pot of one value but only have a different value, sometimes we disassemble a new wrong value pot and take the good shaft from it. We then disassemble the broken pot, remove the broken shaft, then install the new good shaft into the old pot. Thus you wind up with a good shaft in the right value pot.

So I attempted this repair tonight. Because of my limited equipment and how late it was, it was tough to get the old pot off the circuitboard. I finally did and put the new plastic shaft in. Once I got a good fit, I put everything back in and tried to solder it back on. I must not have made the soldering connections very well. I was no longer getting stereo, only one side. And although the volume was louder than it was before I did the repair, turning the volume knob still did not change the volume. Not sure if that’s a soldering issue as well. I’ve never really soldered and although I’ve watched some videos, it’s not going on smoothly. I have pics and I’ve taken everything back off. Gonna have to regroup. Would a bad soldering connection still make the volume control not work?

Comment

Working...
                  X