No announcement yet.

What diodes to use for a Marshall 2204 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On all my Marshall type builds, Iv''e used 1w and up.
    The 1 watters I've used have longer lead wires, and fit on a turret board nicely.
    No appreciable raise in cost.
    I am a retail customer, and don't use enough stuff to fool with mouser, or other distributors.
    So I buy small parts from Tube Depot, and IMO at reasonable prices.
    They are fairly close by, and I get fast delivery from memphis, TN, to AR., and they charge no out of state sales tax to retail customers.
    https://tubedepot.com/products/1-wat...-film-resistor
    https://tubedepot.com/products/1-wat...power-resistor
    https://tubedepot.com/products/2-wat...power-resistor
    They also offer volume pricing.
    GL,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Awesome All is left is the fuses & holder
      https://www.cedist.com/search/node/fuse
      main fuse 3 A 120V the HT is a .5A fuse which is in the smaller size ?
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        main fuse 3 A 120V the HT is a .5A fuse which is in the smaller size?
        Smaller, as in 5x20 mm? Actually it doesn't matter. Use what you can get easiest, 5x20 GMA GMC, or 1/4 x 1 1/4" standard fuses. Electrons don't know the difference.

In recent years Radio Shack has gotten good about carrying the 5x20 mini "computer fuses." OTOH Radio Shacks are going out of business all over the place, so you better stock up on what you need while you order in other parts from your regular suppliers.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I've always used generic fender fuse holders on the rear.
          If your using a 6v pilot light, If your PT has a unused 5v secondary tap, I use it for the Pilot light.
          It takes some load off the 6v, shortens the 6v lead length, can help on noise, and it is not so bright, and gives great lamp life.
          Not sure what your PT has available?
          GL,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

That's what i wanted to use 2 generic fender style fuse holders but i can't find a .5 amp in that size
            Also i was going to use a marshall style lamp Not sure what the difference in 6v or 120 volt will really make, only how you wire it . my PT don't have the 5v secondary tap

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              i can't find a .5 amp in that size
              might also be called 500 milliamp. Or 1/2 amp. Where are you looking? Heck I buy 'em by the hundred in standard size. Mouser has 'em for sure, DigiKey, Newark. For smaller quantities Antique/CE sells paks of 5. The larger parts houses have a Canada presence, no shipping across borders with delays & customs charges.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I even find them in well stocked hardware stores.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for all the help I've been to busy to do some research the last couple of days .

Comment

Going to layout & drill the chassis on the weekend how is the ppimv one a jcm style amp ? i was going to use a dual gang 250k pot

Comment

Working...
                    X