What Software For Layout Pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Software For Layout Pictures?

Hey Folks, been a long time since I posted here last and have recently gotten back into amp modding. I have a Traynor YGM3 that has been nearly gutted and I want to restore it to somewhere close to the original circuit. The board really needs to be replaced so I want to get the layout figured out before I start. I need someway to design the layout and be able to move things around easily. Preferably a low cost software with out a huge learning curve if that's possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

Maybe this?
    https://inkscape.org/en/
    Inkscape is a professional vector graphics editor for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It's free and open source.
    I haven't tried it yet - just Googled phrases like "drawing program free" and "Macdraw for Windows".
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Bancika over at AX84 made some cool software, it might still work..

Software > DIY Layout Creator : DIY Fever ? Building my own guitars, amps and pedals

Comment

I have a Traynor YGL-3 that was manufactured in January 1975 according to the serial number. I found several revisions to the schematics for it and determined that its actual configuration is a cross between the rev dated Mar 4, 1973, which is the one in the lid of the amp, and the rev dated May 6, 1975. I've redrawn the schematic using TinyCad. It allows me to create symbols to add to the library and export the design drawings to *.png images. It also has a SPICE modeling feature that I'm still figuring out. It's free, open-source, and works really well for what I'm doing. I've been able to add the eyelet board to the library and began doing a layout drawing with it. There are some examples attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X