Ampeg style clutch head screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg style clutch head screws

Does anyone know of a source to get 1.25" nickle clutch heads screw like the type Ampeg used? surely someone must still make them? I don't see the standard head type on Fliptops, only the one with the flange, and they are $10/ea. I guess they are in short supply.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Can you say "unobtanium"?

That screw was used from the 1940's to the 1960's, mostly automotive.

I would find a nice plated torx screw and yank all of the clutch heads out.

Comment

It's rock and roll. Screws don't have to match!
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        It's rock and roll. Screws don't have to match!
        Tell that to my OCD!
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

I had a bag of the ones Flip Top sells, and I sold them to Flip Tops.

McMaster-Carr doesn't list clutch heads, but you might contact them directly and ask if clutch heads are somehow available in screws types you want.

years ago we used to routinely remove the damned things and replace with phillips heads.

Just to be picky, it is a captive washer rather than a flanged head.

Googling clutch head screws I do find people selling them for automotive work, like:

1939 1940 1941 1946 Chevrolet Truck CLUTCH HEAD SHEET METAL SCREWS #8X 7/16" 10p | eBay
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            Does anyone know of a source to get 1.25" nickle clutch heads screw like the type Ampeg used? surely someone must still make them? I don't see the standard head type on Fliptops, only the one with the flange, and they are $10/ea. I guess they are in short supply.
            I just posted a ton of Ampeg clutch head screws on ebay, reverb and talkbass.

Comment

Somebody tell Mick Bailey! Aw, dagnabbit. This isn't Farcebook so I can't tag people in posts!

Justin
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
              X