5F11 Build - Tremolo Depth Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F11 Build - Tremolo Depth Issue

Looking for some help here. I recently built a 5F11 amp (my third one) which generally works and sounds great. The one issue I am having is in regard to the tremolo depth...

The tremolo depth works great until it is completely maxed at which point the tremolo goes away (as if the depth is at zero). Up until that final moment on the dial, it works as expected.

I have swapped out the pot with one known to work (from another 5F11). No change, so I don't believe that it's the pot itself.

Amp is biased to 60% plate dissipation, bias voltage is -22v.

Have you tried swapping the trem tube?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Have you tried swapping the trem tube?
      Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried changing the trem tube, but to no avail.

Comment

Did you use new caps in the trem circuit? The type of 'stalling' of the oscillator you described is often due to problems with the caps in the trem circuit.
        Schematic attached.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Did you use new caps in the trem circuit? The type of 'stalling' of the oscillator you described is often due to problems with the caps in the trem circuit.
          Schematic attached.
          I did use new caps. I will swap them out and see what happens. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X