Marshall JCM800 (circa 1987) 100W head - CANADIAN 2210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM800 (circa 1987) 100W head - CANADIAN 2210

I'm hoping someone has schematics for the special flavour of 2210 that was produced for the Canadian market.

Distinguishing characteristics:

- rear panel circuit breaker instead of a fuse
    - no voltage selector
    - no HT fuse
    - pico fuses on heater supply

If there are any differences in the amplifier electronics I don't know them, hence my request.

Thanks!

There are no real differences that are specifically Canadian aside from the CSA safety features you noted. The variants for the 'splitch' amps are:
    50 or 100W (head or combo)
    EL34 or 6550
    transistor or IC switching

Those variations are not particular to any country aside from the 6550 versions being pretty much a US only thing.
    Attached is the only schematic I'm aware of that shows any CSA items. It's for the 50W version with transistor switching.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Agree: basic amp is the same, any differences are Country specific to meet local Codes.

FWIW we buy so many that there is an Argentine version, basically demands use of our angled 3 leg power plug (same as Australian but with Hot and Neutral reversed), transformers standing 3000V HiPot tests and no user accessible part hotter than "X" Deg C , probably not more than 60C or so.
      No big deal and does not affect sound at all.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Cool! Thanks, guys.

Comment

Working...
        X