No announcement yet.

Which power transformer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put my meter across the CT and each leg of secondary. I'm having a hell of a time with that link you gave me Tom. What does it want me to put for ohms on the capacitors ? Just whatever the preceding resistor is ? Also, I'm unclear when I'm calculating Rt circuit resistance. Do I include plate current for each tube or any sort of resistance value for tubes ? Or do I just calculate the resistors, output transformer, and choke ?

Comment

Originally posted by dannythetrucker View Post
      I just put my meter across the CT and each leg of secondary...
      Don't connect your meter in current measuring mode directly across the winding of a transformer. The current meter needs to be in series with the winding and a test load. In addition, to figure out the current capability of a transformer there are other parameters that must be measured including voltage drop and temperature rise. I'll look for a tutorial on how to determine the current capability of an unknown transformer.

Originally posted by dannythetrucker View Post
      ...I'm having a hell of a time with that link you gave me Tom. What does it want me to put for ohms on the capacitors ? Just whatever the preceding resistor is ? Also, I'm unclear when I'm calculating Rt circuit resistance. Do I include plate current for each tube or any sort of resistance value for tubes ? Or do I just calculate the resistors, output transformer, and choke ?
      It takes a while to learn to effectively use the simulation program. I have a full day of work but I'll try to run some examples and save the results to post. Meanwhile, there is a lot of information in the help file of the program.

Comment

Working...
      X