Mackie SRS1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie SRS1500

There are 4 green LEDs on the output PCB. When this amp is working are they all lit, all off, half lit? I asked Mackie and they weren't sure. Go figure.

Does the amp work? Both channels? SOme LEDs are not for indicating, they are there for the voltage drop. What if there were no LEDs? How would you proceed then? DO it that way now.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

This is a mono amp. I have 2 of them. One with +65vdc on output. the other with -65vdc on the output. Both have LED lit in this pattern lit-off-off-lit. Was just wondering if someone knew answer, b4 I start troubleshooting.

Comment

D36 on D14 Blinks with music
        D32 off
        D26 off
        D24 on D12 Blinks with music

Comment

You are the weakest link

Q27 2SA1478 seems to be the weak link. It was shorted in both amps.

Comment

I have a Mackie SRS1500 I'm trying to repair. The output is at -60VDC to the speaker, with no load and no input signal. I have noticed some other very strange voltages. For example at Q24 leg 1 is 69V, leg 3 is 68V, but leg 2 is -63V. But Q17 has -64V on all 3 legs, and Q19 is -60V all 3 legs. I've checked just about every componate and replaced the suspects with factory parts, namely: C9,Q3, Q9, C5, Q11. Curiously running up the variac, D26 flashes faster and faster as the voltage increases, and a clicking sound, appears to be inside C5, an box cap.

I tried to include the .pdf but no luck even though I have it on this computer. Someone clue me in here?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X