No announcement yet.

New toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the handmade folks progress toward mass production.. irony is so ironical sometimes

can you program in randomness to get that super cool BK scatterwound mojo??

Comment

Which wire guides?

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
        and the handmade folks progress toward mass production.. irony is so ironical sometimes

Well this is certainly an argument to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post

To be fair, I've never claimed to be some kind of purist.

You can set up a program that will do mixed TPL. For instance, you can do 500 winds at 125 TPL, then 1000 winds at 250 TPL, etc. So, you can mimic the randomness you get when hand winding to a degree. Then again, you can simply hand wind on it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdamien View Post
            Which wire guides?

The "wire guides" I was referring to are the ruby-tipped nozzles linked to above, specifically the ones from UKCNC. In Kayakerca's case, I suppose the "wire guide" could refer to the whole system he's got set up, starting with the whisker disk, brass loops, tensioner, and ruby-tipped nozzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Turner View Post
              To be fair, I've never claimed to be some kind of purist.

You can set up a program that will do mixed TPL. For instance, you can do 500 winds at 125 TPL, then 1000 winds at 250 TPL, etc. So, you can mimic the randomness you get when hand winding to a degree. Then again, you can simply hand wind on it, too.
              Also, there are no rules.

I'm sure that the program cnc uses can be set or reprogrammed to mimic all sorts of things.

Comment

Working...
              X