No announcement yet.

Help wiring power transformer Transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats so special about the Apex matched power tubes from CE Dist , one of my el34's reads 30ma & the other one reads 38ma .Don't consider that matched .
    Close enough for rock n roll as they say. Any company that does tube matching does it with a particular plate voltage, screen grid voltage and bias voltage, then measures emission current at that setup, and sometimes gain too. Do any of them tell US what their test conditions are? No...... If the conditions in your amp happen to match those on the test stand, you could expect a fairly good match. The further from the tester's conditions your amp is, the more likely tubes will vary. One more thing, unless you picked up the tubes directly from the tester, they got kicked around in shipping just like everything else. It's half a miracle they work at all.

You can try other brands all you want. Ruby, TAD, Groove, even the small shops that take extra care like Doug's Tubes and Valve Queen, I don't think you'll get much better from any of them. There's even a couple distro's in Canada (partsconnexion, thetubestore.) If they're within driving distance stop in next time you need some & skip the shipping damage.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
    X