Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second 18 watt clone build, tubedepot to mojotone! Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second 18 watt clone build, tubedepot to mojotone! Need help!

My first 18 Watt build was fun and easy and very laid out with extensive instructions so I thought I would try the 18 watt tmb clone from mojotone. Maybe I should have read more? I had no idea that mojotone zydia of instructions was nothing more than a schematic and a shotty pictorial that mojotone told me not to use.

I don't know if I should just send it back or attempt to build this but I'm going to need some help! Anyone else there that may have some pictures and some advice on the issues they had with the grounding and how they solved it.

I built many amps but they have all had extensive instructions and I can read a schematic about as well as I can read music notes.. Very slow!

Help?

Originally posted by Denmar1998 View Post
    My first 18 Watt build was fun and easy and very laid out with extensive instructions so I thought I would try the 18 watt tmb clone from mojotone. Maybe I should have read more? I had no idea that mojotone zydia of instructions was nothing more than a schematic and a shotty pictorial that mojotone told me not to use.

I don't know if I should just send it back or attempt to build this but I'm going to need some help! Anyone else there that may have some pictures and some advice on the issues they had with the grounding and how they solved it.

I built many amps but they have all had extensive instructions and I can read a schematic about as well as I can read music notes.. Very slow!

Help?
    Hi Denmar, Im about in the same boat. I didn't buy a kit, but doing lots of reading on various blogs. I started with a schematic, made a parts list, and found vendors for all of the parts. As of today, waiting for the cabinet to arrive.

Schematic reading comes with time and practice. Im fairly new as well.

I think you should re-post in the other forum on amp building

Home/Forum/Amplification/Guitar Amps/Build Your Amp

There seems to be lots more activity and REALLY sharp people posting there, amp techs, audio engineers and amp builders.

Yeah, man, keep that kit and build it!
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Ceriatone has some good layout drawings for the TMB. Easily accessed with an image search.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
      X