MV Twin Reverb - No Tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MV Twin Reverb - No Tremolo

I have MV Silverface Fender Twin that the tremelo is not working in. The bulb flashes inside the "bug" but no effect out of the speakers. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what was your cause/solution?

Thanks in advance!

At the other end of the "bug" there's a photocell. After 40-50 years or more they often fail. Here's a link to the part I use:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...effects-pedals
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Or one of the photocell wire leads has broken off.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So i should measure across the the LDR with a meter while the light is flashing and see how/if it pulses in time with the light. Then check "downstream" from there if it does work, or try hitting the solder connections with a hot iron before just ordering the part. Thanks for the input Leo G and Enzo! Especially appreciate the link to where to get the "bug"

Comment

You can check it with an ohmmeter that way if you like, but chances are good if you examine the photocell you'll find one of the leads has simply come unstuck. It might still be attached but pivoting around on its mount like a busted arm. The part I directed you to is the photocell only. I'm sure they carry the whole "bug" too. Or you can make your own. I use a super bright orange or yellow LED instead of neon lamp, that has the additional advantage of cutting out the annoying "vibrato click" often heard in Fenders. Those two, and an inch of black heat shrink tubing, DIY if you choose.

Comment

Which side of the "bug" is the LDR side and which is the light? I can see light from both sides. Is the light on the tube side or the pot side?

Comment

Originally posted by earache View Post
              Which side of the "bug" is the LDR side and which is the light? I can see light from both sides. Is the light on the tube side or the pot side?
              Tube end is the neon lamp.

Comment

Yup, she's broken!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7802.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	845336

Comment

Working...
                X