Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Gretsch Super Bass Schematic Needed

Hi all,

I just inherited an early 60's Gretsch Super Bass Combo which is similar to a Gretsch 6157 Head. I'm looking for a schematic for the combo which has a seperate top mounted preamp & bottom mounted power amp. The two are connected by an octal & a 2 pin connector. The 2 speakers connect using the same type 2 pin connector of which one is missing. Any info would be appreciated.
    Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

So you need a two-pin speaker connector?

A photo would help us identify the connectors you need to mate.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here are pictures that I better show the size of this plug & socket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4517a.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	845369

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4522a.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	845370

In my other post I said that the connector pins remind me of those old polarized cheater cords I used to see in my Father's shop.
      Drewline

Comment

They look like the connections found in old radios for phono/turntable connections.
        Two pins one larger than the other. Similar plugs were made for battery connections on a round bakelite wafer.

Couldn't find a reference apart from this which probably wont last long as are pictures from ebay.

I'll attach a picture from there ..

https://picclick.co.uk/Vintage-Radio...l#&gid=1&pid=3

Three upper left look similar but are hard to see

EDIT: I missed the repost in Vintage Amps .... http://music-electronics-forum.com/t44265/
        Attached Files
        Last edited by oc disorder; 04-27-2017, 12:52 AM. Reason: answered in Vintage Amps

Comment

Finally got a chance to get back to this old butchered beast. I need to find a schematic to this particular Super Bass which is Model 6154. I have no idea what was done to it in the past. So if anyone might have a schematic I'd appreciate a copy
          Thanks,
          Drewline

Comment

Working...
          X