Looking for a source for missing connectors for a Gretsch Super Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewline View Post
    ...The more I look at it the easiest thing to do would be to hard wire the speakers by running a length of speaker wire soldered to the back of the existing recepticles & out through the oversized holes for the output transformer leads.
    Your call. But my experience is that hard wired speaker connections in an amp like yours are a super pain for service and diagnostics.
    Last edited by Tom Phillips; 04-27-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Speaking for myself, when I say hard wire the speakers, I have in mind at the speaker end those push on connectors like a zillion amps have. Crimp ends. They come right off the speaker for service. To me hard wired only means the wires don't go through a connector. A molex at the amp chassis and quick connect spades at the speaker, the actual wire can detach at both ends if desired.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It turns out that Mark at OldRadioParts.net has a flat phenolic version of this plug for the princely sum of $2.00 each. So I'm taking the lazy way out & ordering a few for this project. Check out his web site.
        Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Comment

Working...
        X