Alesis Pro Venue 1501 cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Pro Venue 1501 cabinet

I have these cabinets here and both horns are blown...Crossovers check ok... the horn diaphrams are rated for 16 ohms....is it safe to use 8 ohm versions?? There are lots of those available but the 16 ohm versions are harder to find and more expensive....the original part number for the driver is PA-D26ST......any suggestions???
    Cheers

And halving the impedance will move the crossover point. The crossover is designed with load impedance in the calculations.

They cost more? Is a customer paying, or it this yours?

Here is the driver:
    Product - Pro Audio Components

Typical 1" horn driver, and the diaphragm SURE looks like the common Foster type. If you find one of those in 16 ohm...
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes Enzo.....those are the diraphrams.....they are for a customer.......I can ask them if they want the 8 ohm versions.....just as long as they won't cause any damage........I am going to do some more searching for the 16 ohm versions......
      Cheers

Comment

The point wasn't to ask them if THEY wanted to put the wrong parts in, they have no basis for the decision. My point was that the part they NEED is more expensive, but they will be the ones paying for it. Much as I wish everything was a dollar, it isn't my fault as a tech when some necessary part costs more than we'd like. Changing that impedance is going to shift your crossover point an octave. Won't harm anything, but may leave a hole in your sound.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok. No problem.....

Comment

I wonder if these are the same, they say for SPN rather than ST. Maybe contact them and ask.
            PAD26SPN.16RD Replacement Diaphragm
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              I wonder if these are the same, they say for SPN rather than ST. Maybe contact them and ask.
              PAD26SPN.16RD Replacement Diaphragm
              No Go..These are 8 ohms......i need 16 ohms......Thanks for looking......
              Cheers

Comment

The link I posted was for 16 ohm. Isn't that what you want?
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The link G1 provided says it's 16 ohm right in the description.

<simulpost>
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    The link I posted was for 16 ohm. Isn't that what you want?
                    That's what I thought...I called them and they said they only have 8 ohm versions..I'll double check with them again....
                    Thanks for the reply...
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                      That's what I thought...I called them and they said they only have 8 ohm versions..I'll double check with them again....
                      Thanks for the reply...
                      Cheers
                      Check with this company they bought all of Stan's stock before he left for Russia.
                      Advanced Musical Electronics
                      8665 Venice Blvd.
                      West Los Angeles,CA 90034
                      Mon-Fri 10am-6pm Sat 12pm-5pm
                      310-559-3157
                      Musical Instrument Repair | Advanced Musical Electronics

nosaj
                      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                        Thanks for the reply...
                        Cheers
                        I double checked...They only carry the 8 ohm one....

Comment

Thanks nosaj.....I just sent off an email.....
                          Cheers,
                          Bernie

Comment

Working...
                          X