Blackface Bassman amp kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackface Bassman amp kit?

Anyone know who sells these? Weber/Mojo do not, unless I'm confused by the model #s.

Here's the boards, pick your version: https://tubeamplifierparts.com/turre...oards-c9635850

Comment

Mojotone has a "Small Parts Kit," but that's it. It's a standard enough circuit, but I don't think the BF Bassman has caught on as a secret weapon yet... there's three circuits, AA864, AB864, & AB165. Don't let anybody tell you the AB165 sucks. If you need any measurements, I can get some, but I would think a Deluxe Reverb chassis would do okay. Bandmaster might be better. I personally like to jump the channels together, and requires an AB165 or later, so I recommend both channels.

rf7, I got a dead link...

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

This apparently works better: https://tubeamplifierparts.com/turre...t-boards.html/

Comment

Another good choice for eyelet boards:

Eyelet Board Order page
          --
          I build and repair guitar amps
          http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

interesting choice for a build. The very best "BF clean tone" I ever heard was a BF Bassman head. The distortion wasn't too shabby either. Now, it may have been that particular amp, but I've encountered other BF Bassman heads in the hands of others that also sounded great. Obviously it's a sparse amp for guitar. No channel switching, reverb, effects loop or even tremolo. But the basic tone seems to be there in spades. Surprising they aren't more well regarded.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

One of our local guitar teachers put one in a 1x12" combo. I don't know which circuit his is. The only BF Bassman I've heard besides mine was a dog (not the teacher's amp - I've not heard it, only seen it) but it was on consignment and who knows how it was treated? I know the AB165 & later ones have jumpable in-phase channels, and I've never met one I didn't like.

Some would argue that the AB165 is a SF, but I'm pretty sure mine is a BF... it has a Twin Reverb OT, so I think that might have something to do with it. And these things sure are gainy for such a "sparse" amp! Re: no features, I don't recall Jimi or Dave needing an FX loop, and they sound okay to me... I could build a Reverb unit... And probably a Brown-Trem-In-A-Box. Channel switching? What more do you need than Fender-Clean-to-Neil-Young? Guitarists these days - so needy & whiny, with their thousands of knobs & computerized synthesizers-called-amps...

All in good fun...

Justin
              Justin
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
              X