un-used ot leads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un-used ot leads?

I'm building a 5e3 deluxe style amp, and the OT that I bought includes a 6.6k primary and a 16ohm secondary which I won't be using. Should I place these unused leads any particular way inside the chassis (other than avoiding electrical contact) or just cap them off and lay them along the corner?Click image for larger version

Name:	ot2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	871543

Thanks
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
    I'm building a 5e3 deluxe style amp, and the OT that I bought includes a 6.6k primary and a 16ohm secondary which I won't be using. Should I place these unused leads any particular way inside the chassis (other than avoiding electrical contact) or just cap them off and lay them along the corner?
    You could seal off the ends with some heatshrink, or mount a tiestrip & solder to lugs on that. Yes keep them from shorting to ground or anything else, also heep unused OT leads from the input area & early stages of preamp circuitry
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Thanks Leo. That is just the info I was looking for. I have cut the stripped ends flush, then folded the ends back about 1/2'' and heat shrinked them. I was thinking I would lay them in the corner under the power tube sockets toward the PT, but then I wondered if I should separate the the unused primaries from the unused secondary, or should they lay towards the preamp tubes, or something I haven't even considered.

Comment

I used that same output transformer and i put the primary on a switch (6v6,6l6) and put the output on a switch too. (4,8,16)

Comment

Thanks Mozz. I have the secondary on a switch for 4 & 8. don't think I'll need 16. and I have other 6l6 amps, so no need to add to the crowd inside that little chassis with another switch.

Comment

Working...
          X