Crate Palomino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Palomino?

I have a shot to pickup either the 5 watt or 15 watt Crate Palomino amp but I don't have any experience with either. HarmonyCentral looks positive, but does anyone (owners) have any feedback? I'll even ask for opinions!
    Thanks.

I have the Crate V1512 and the thing rocks. Go for it. Mine just has a different speaker stock but I put a Greenback in it and it sounds like a little Marshall. For the money the Class A crates are excellent.

Comment

palomino 3212

I bought a palomino v3212 and it sounded great, I sent it back in about a month with bad pots across the board. Without that problem I thought is souded great. Just what I Was looking for. I ended up swapping it for a epiphone blues custom 30. It don't have an effects loop. I am planning on a tube upgrade but I think it rocks also. The palomino is a really nice amp though and it looks and sounds great.

Comment

Palomino 5 watter

Thanks for the input, guys.
        Well, I pickup up the Palomino V8 and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a perfect bedroom amp due to the gain control, and goes plenty loud for home use. Might work ok for a small group in a small space if you like overdrive. I was able to get decent cleans to a point using a little clean boost, too.
        I ran my son's Zoom 606 for reverb and boost and it worked better than I thought. More tone then expected, and works well with the Zoom. I think I might try the 15 watter now....

Comment

Working...
        X