peavey dual piezo broken pieces(????)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey dual piezo broken pieces(????)

I have a broken peace of electronics that is installed on my peavey 112hs floor monitor....it is a dual horn piezo tweeter and there are two gray rectangular pieces (1 inch x 1/4 inch high with wires on each end connected to the - and +) crisscrossed and soldered. They are marked FB2 SAB. Does anyone know what these are and how can I get a replacement? thanx Billy Hurd

The item in question (FB2 SAB) is a 'cement resistor'.
    The value is 560 ohms and the power rating is 3 watts.

Comment

The whole dual horn unit can be bought here

Dual Driver Piezo Horn Tweeter T-1150DP

[CODE]http://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speaker-tweeter-t-1150dp.html]Dual Driver Piezo Horn Tweeter T-1150DP[/CODE

Dual Driver 5" x 11" Piezo Horn Tweeter Peavey Type 70777107, T-1150DP

Comment

And the resistor can be found here: MCPRW03WJP561B00 - MULTICOMP - Through Hole Resistor, Metal Film, 560 ohm, Axial Leaded, 3 W, ± 5%, MCPR Series | Newark element14

Comment

560 ohms sounds way too high.
          Usual values run from 10 to 100 ohms tops, with 47 ohms being a favorite, often recommended by many Companies.

This is a common wiring diagram:

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Seems a good place to refer to a document from Pulsar Developments ..

The range formerly manufactured by Motorola

Pulsar Developments Ltd - Piezo / Ceramic Speakers

Application Note

Pulsar Developments Ltd - Piezo Tweeter Application Note

Comment

I always found it cheaper to replace the motors on the dual piezo rather than replace the whole thing. I could buy the single unit KSN1005 and remove its motor and replace the ones on the dualie. The motors are the same.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X