• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for the quick responses. I've just created a new thread here:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=50459

Comment

Hey SunDogAZ

The problem was the power amp section Jacks. They go bad. After I figured out the problem I have repaired multiple fender amps.

This the problem I was having was low volume. No controls worked on master volume or reverb part of the circuit. If you’re amp has the 3 jacks beside the power and standby switch. Switch out the 3 jacks. They get messed up inside and it should fix your problem

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by ColinAAE View Post
        Hey SunDogAZ

The problem was the power amp section Jacks. They go bad. After I figured out the problem I have repaired multiple fender amps.

This the problem I was having was low volume. No controls worked on master volume or reverb part of the circuit. If you’re amp has the 3 jacks beside the power and standby switch. Switch out the 3 jacks. They get messed up inside and it should fix your problem

Colin
        Thanks Colin. I will take a lot at those jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDogAZ View Post
          Thanks Colin. I will take a lot at those jacks.
          I am guessing it is tech time. The other day I ordered a standard retube kit from Eurotubes. I followed the directions, meaning I sprayed the pins with contact cleaner (DeOxIt, the best), and worked tubes in and out of sockets a couple times. After firing up the amp, no change. :/

https://www.eurotubes.com/store/pc/F...Kit-94p203.htm

I did notice that, when I slightly wiggle either power tube, I hear popping, sort of crackling sounds. But it doesn't change the volume of the signal. I can still plug into efx out and get full clean volume. Not sure if that helps?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X