Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tascam 424 MK1 images

Hi Guys,

On my bench I have a Tascam 424 MK1 portastudio which has had motor issues. It has come with a new motor (not fitted) and I'm having trouble fitting same as I believe some of the mounting bracket(s) are missing.

Could someone who has one of these units please take some photos of the motor mounting assembly and flick them to me.

It is the voltage controlled motor which drives the spindle fly-wheel via a rubber drive band.

From the many internet posts and eBay listings it appears that these units are still very popular thus my desire to repair the unit.

Thanks for all and any information.

Mike from Australia

I've had good luck getting service manuals from Tascam in the past and I'm pretty sure there would be an exploded diagram of the mechanism in there. I would contact them directly and see if they will send it to you.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Not sure if this will help (MkII), but worth a look:

Replacing a non-operational motor on a Tascam Portastudio 424 MKII @ Negatron Blog
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        Hi Guys, thanks for the info so far, have not heard back from Tascam but hope they do respond. I'd be happy to pay for a service manual if that's my only option but as the unit seems to operate quite well apart from the motor issue I don't really want a full manual.
        Anyway all assistance is appreciated. Mike

Comment

They've emailed scans of older manuals to me in the past at no charge. I can't say if they have all of their older stuff scanned or not, or if they just had what I wanted. At any rate, I hope you get the same results.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            I've had good luck getting service manuals from Tascam in the past and I'm pretty sure there would be an exploded diagram of the mechanism in there. I would contact them directly and see if they will send it to you.
            I'm glad they responded to your request but I can't even get them to reply one way or the other, might as well have sent my request to Santa Claus! Cheers, Mike

Comment

Working...
            X