Eden Navigator WP-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden Navigator WP-100

I know this may a long shot, but I am in need of Eden WP-100 schematic. The tube isn't conducting, so even just the front end section would be great. Thank you.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

This is all I could find, but maybe one of the preamps is the same.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...en_various.zip
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
      I know this may a long shot, but I am in need of Eden WP-100 schematic. The tube isn't conducting, so even just the front end section would be great. Thank you.
      Have you tried another tube? What are the voltages?
      nosaj

edit: Have you contacted EDEN for a schematic?
      Last edited by nosaj; 05-23-2017, 12:27 AM.
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

This unit is a rack mount preamp, so those amp schematics won't help. The plate voltages are both at 112v, and the signals are getting to both grids, but no signal on the plates, and I can't get to see much else as the tube socket and it's components are partially hidden under the top board. I do have about 30v on the girds however. I'd like to see a print to know what is going on. I have an email request out to Eden, so far no response.

Comment

What is the cathode voltage??

Comment

pin 1 - 112v
            2 - counts down from 35 - 23v over about 20 seconds
            3 - 50v

6 - 112v
            7 - same as pin 2
            8 - 50v

Comment

50V at the cathode does not sound real standard, what kind of resistors are the cathodes connected to?
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Filament lit?
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I don't think you will get a reply, the Eden forums say "no schematics, don't ask"

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
                    I don't think you will get a reply, the Eden forums say "no schematics, don't ask"
                    Yea says so on their website. Only authorized service centers will have them. Marshall USA I'm guessing is the owner. May be their is one in your area? Maybe a little elbowing or smoozing might get you one?

nosaj
                    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I got mid 60s on the cathodes, on the one on my bench.

Comment

AFAIK those are fake tube preamps, simple cathode followers inserted in the signal path so they can state "signal goes through a tube stage".
                        So, like on any cathode follower, NO signal on plates (which go straight to +112V rail).

If anything, inject signal on grids (both triodes are in parallel) and look for it, same level, on cathodes.

Marketing BS.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

What device you have: old or relatively new?
                          Old devices were produced from 1998 and new from 2013.

Comment

Navigator WP-100 schematics attached

Just in case, I found I had the WP-100 Navigator Schematics in my files. They were cut into pieces, so assembly req'd, but all appear to be there.

WP100 - Full Schematics.pdf
                            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

As I suspected, a cathode follower feeding an (unnecessary) emitter follower.
                              ZERO effect on sound .

Just so marketing team can claim "look Mom!!! a REAL TUBE PREAMP!!!!"
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X