roland cube 80 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roland cube 80 help

I have a cube 80 that has been super solid, last night I ran an acoustic guitar thru it and out of the direct out to the PA, everything was fine, today when I turned it on to play thru it everything lights up like normal but theres no sound, it almost seems as though the internal speaker was somehow muted.

does anyone know if there is some type of switch that mutes and un-mutes the internal speaker? or has anyone had a similar issue with one of these? thanks so much for your help

Welcome to the place! Try this first.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t28549/
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

yeah I wish i was just a dirty connection, thanks though for commenting

Comment

When the recording out/phones jack is used it mutes the amp. If that switching jack is bad, the amp will stay muted even with nothing plugged in. Run a plug in and out of that jack a few times and see if you get anything- maybe also some contact cleaner. Do you hear a hiss or any noise from the speaker if you listen closely? If you plug headphones into that jack, do you hear anything?

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I have tried plugging cables in and sprayed some contact cleaner on both. I guess it could be the jack in the direct out? Should I pull that jack out and wiggle it

Comment

Sometimes contact cleaner works, sometimes it doesn't. I always think of it as a lucky break if it fixes a fault and is the first thing to try. I usually then move on to checking the switching contacts against the schematic, doing a resistance check across the contact pairs. I've had occasions where the internal contacts had buckled when a plug was last inserted in plastic 'box' connectors, causing a permanent fault. Open sockets are much easier to deal with.

The other possibility is a bad solder joint.

Comment

^^^^What Mick said. Often those contacts on the cliff jacks bend away from each other and no amount of cleaner is going to help. It's time to get in there and actually check with a meter. FYI, only the "recording out/phones" jack mutes the amp. If it is a jack, it will likely be that one.

Comment

Working...
              X