Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5_11 schem/layout discrepancy?

Hey all,

Building one of these, and noticed the schem says a 100k pot for depth, and the layout shows a 2M. Any ideas? Yeah, I know - try both... But I'm not using standard clone parts, but an old organ chassis. Given a bias wiggle tremolo, I'd rather play safe than do TOO much experimenting. And that's not exactly a factor of 1 kind of difference... So, what exactly DID Fender use?

Thanks for any clarifications!

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Re: "5_11"?
    Is that a typo? If not, what is it and please attach the in question Schem & Layout.

Comment

D'oh... you know, in the process of looking up the schema and layouts, I realized I was looking at a 100k resistor to ground as the pot value, and because the layout is obviously different, well...

I feel like a Dumbass! I should delete this after everyone has a laugh at my expense.

Justin

PS: Tweed Vibrolux...
      http://thevintagesound.com/ffg/schem...5e11_schem.gif
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I'm no math whiz, but the layout and schematic both seem to say 250K (with the layout specifying linear).

Comment

I was looking at the 100k resistor right next to it. A real Dumbis moment.

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
            I was looking at the 100k resistor right next to it. A real Dumbis moment.

Justin
            No worries. I have tons of those.

Comment

Working...
            X