Web Surfing for the Paranoid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    So, Juan, if I type something like Siberia, bomb, Osama, Trump AND Crab people pizza in the same paragraph you think this won't make the targeted screen?
    Very much doubt you will, you simply lack tons of other trigger signs, you donīt meet racial/ideological/religious triggers, your location/activities/commonly accesed pages , etc. do not add up, by far.
    Nor do mine.

Now IF you were a peaceful Pakistani student, obviously Moslem, and studying some advanced Physics (possibly Nuke related) or Biology (possibly Bioweapons related) major at some US university , I bet you would be monitored even when ordering Dominoīs Pizza online, just in case you are using it as a hidden dropbox and "double pepperoni and cheese, thick crust" actually means "bingo!!!, I just got the blueprints for the X264 bomb or F321 virus" and "just the plain one, no extra toppings" actually means "I couldnīt hack the Server where the data is but Iīll keep trying".
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I ran across this easy steps to safe web browsing.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tut...r-safe-online/
      One thing mentioned was firewalls.
      I have a firewall enabled, but not sure what it is accomplishing.
      I'm going to read more about firewalls for the home personal computer.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Not only the Net, but your **PRINTER** is spying on you .
        Ok, not strictly "spied" by it, but it helps your being successfully prosecuted if itīs ever needed.
        And not "terrorism" related either, but helping you go to jail, for a longer time, if you just print something suspicious of any kind.
        BBC - Future - Why printers add secret tracking dots

meaning:

Chilling

So next time you want to bootleg out of a restaurant the secret Nacho dip sauce recipe, better learn it by heart or get ready to swallow the page you just printed it on, so it canīt be used against you in Court.

And Iīm only half kidding here ; the hidden page code seems to be quite real.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Very much doubt you will, you simply lack tons of other trigger signs, you donīt meet racial/ideological/religious triggers, your location/activities/commonly accesed pages , etc. do not add up, by far.
          Well I just hit the jackpot, yesterday's mail brought me a letter from Federal authorities, and a demand for my personal appearance at a certain place, date & time. Oh boy, I've been selected for Federal Jury Duty. Stay out of trouble my friends, I'd hate to have to sit thru a trial & judgment. Went thru this all 2 years ago and they never did really call me in. Maybe I'll be lucky again, one can only hope.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

There are a lot of <$50 dot matrix printers on eBay that don't insert tracking dots.
            "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              Well I just hit the jackpot, yesterday's mail brought me a letter from Federal authorities, and a demand for my personal appearance at a certain place, date & time. Oh boy, I've been selected for Federal Jury Duty. Stay out of trouble my friends, I'd hate to have to sit thru a trial & judgment. Went thru this all 2 years ago and they never did really call me in. Maybe I'll be lucky again, one can only hope.
              Just show up wearing a Charles Manson shirt. You'll be excused.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                Thatīs for old timers like us, who remember him; today he does not scare a mouse.

Better try one of these:

or

or, for the TeleTubbies generation:

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I'm not of the Tele-Tubbies generation, but that last one is funny.

Justin
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    I can't find a photo of him on T-shirt from a parody of the Apple ad series about 18 years ago, it had a leering Charles Manson on it, swastika on forehead and all, and big capital letters "THINK DIFFERENT". Yeh, if I had that, it oughta work. Oh well I'll think up something else, or just go & see what happens. Heck I breezed thru a 2 month term in county grand jury 20 years ago, it was fun & informative, got to meet a bunch of assistant DA's. Better to be on their good side, it's nice to know who to call in case of trouble.
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                      I can't find a photo of him on T-shirt from a parody of the Apple ad series about 18 years ago, it had a leering Charles Manson on it, swastika on forehead and all, and big capital letters "THINK DIFFERENT". Yeh, if I had that, it oughta work. Oh well I'll think up something else, or just go & see what happens. Heck I breezed thru a 2 month term in county grand jury 20 years ago, it was fun & informative, got to meet a bunch of assistant DA's. Better to be on their good side, it's nice to know who to call in case of trouble.
                      Charles Manson t shirt W/ Apple Logo "think different" RARE Horror 90s | eBay
                      nosaj
                      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Or maybe this:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	iamnotaterroristshirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	845676
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

No Habla.

Comment

It says, "I am not a terrorist" in Arabic.
                            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

This thread should be moved to the septic tank, or maybe one of your favorite amp forums.
                              It now has nothing to do with computers, or web browsing.
                              Sorry I started it.
                              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                              Terry

Comment

Apologies, teee. I will refrain from posting further unrelated.

Comment

Working...
                                X