Custom Humbucker Baseplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Humbucker Baseplates

I've been trying to find a place to work with for making custom baseplates but almost all the shops I've contacted said they can't do it.

The two that said they may be able to said their engineers insist that the legs can't be stamped/bent to a *90 degree angle using nickle silver.

Does anyone have a recommendation of where to go to get baseplates manufactured?

Anyone got any ideas?
    What are you trying to have built?
    There are a lot of baseplates out there, can you use something ready made?
    I always liked the short leg mojo plate, unless you are making a PAF, then their long leg plate is IMO fine!
    Some more info might help?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      Anyone got any ideas?
      What are you trying to have built?
      There are a lot of baseplates out there, can you use something ready made?
      I always liked the short leg mojo plate, unless you are making a PAF, then their long leg plate is IMO fine!
      Some more info might help?
      T
      I'm trying to have humbucker baseplates made. I can absolutely use a baseplate that's already out there, and I am, but the time has come for custom work.

Just need to find a place that does it.

Comment

Here's a plan on how to make your own.
        Maybe show this to your sheet metal guy.
        The key part is the metal bar plate.
        You use the metal bar plate to bend the 90s with.
        T
        Attached Files
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Here's a plan on how to make your own.
          Maybe show this to your sheet metal guy.
          The key part is the metal bar plate.
          You use the metal bar plate to bend the 90s with.
          T
          Thanks. I've been using something like this but without the plate. Much appreciated and I will pass it along.

Comment

I really hope I haven't stumbled upon the best kept secret in pickups. I can't believe that it is. ALL the leads I had for baseplate manufacturing said they couldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdamien View Post
              I really hope I haven't stumbled upon the best kept secret in pickups. I can't believe that it is. ALL the leads I had for baseplate manufacturing said they couldn't do it.
              So what did you decide to do?
              T
              Terry

Comment

So what did you decide to do?
                T
                How do you mean?

I'm holding out hope for one last supplier and that their minimums are good enough that it's affordable.

Comment

I wonder if other pickup companies, makes baseplate shops sign non share agreements?
                  Baseplates are made world wide, perhaps it requires some special expensive tool and die making.
                  Please let us know what you come up with.
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

I wonder if other pickup companies, makes baseplate shops sign non share agreements?
                    Baseplates are made world wide, perhaps it requires some special expensive tool and die making.
                    Please let us know what you come up with.
                    T
                    There could be agreements and that would make sense. I don't want Chinese made baseplates but I did finally speak to someone in China and the cost for a custom baseplate is this:

Setup: $1100
                    MOQ (minimum order): 5000
                    Per item cost: $1.04

So $6200 for 5000. If I thought I could resell 4500 of them fast enough I'd put it on a CC.

Comment

Working...
                    X