No announcement yet.

Why ? Telecaster Bridge, No ohm reading, sound like Buchanan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of interest, I had an old Burns guitar that had a low-value cap in series with one pickup for the 'Wild Dog' sound. I can't recall the exact value, but I thought at the time it was excessively low, so perhaps 1000pf or 1500pf maybe. Whilst it sounded really thin with a clean sound, it made a big difference to the clarity of the guitar when the amp was cranked, or when a distortion pedal was used. It was crisp, percussive and had no mush at all, and the note separation was excellent. The main thing was it eliminated the flabby intermodulation caused by the low notes.

For the OP, I would go with previous recommendation of inserting a small capacitor in the 'hot' pickup lead. Note also that Roy's original guitar had an additional 0.1uf capacitor that was always in series, whichever pickup was selected. The other side of things is you need to play like Roy and use his amp and settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
      Out of interest, I had an old Burns guitar that had a low-value cap in series with one pickup for the 'Wild Dog' sound. I can't recall the exact value, but I thought at the time it was excessively low, so perhaps 1000pf or 1500pf maybe. Whilst it sounded really thin with a clean sound, it made a big difference to the clarity of the guitar when the amp was cranked, or when a distortion pedal was used. It was crisp, percussive and had no mush at all, and the note separation was excellent. The main thing was it eliminated the flabby intermodulation caused by the low notes.
      That's a fairly common configuration.
      The DeArmond Rhythm Chief (monkey on a stick) "Rhythm Switch" un-shunted a series 1000pf cap between volume & tone controls.
      Leo Fender's PTB (Passive Treble/Bass) control for G&L guitars used a series 2200pf cap across a 1Mohm anti-log pot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22176d1214939889-g-l-s-500-wd-my-patrician-.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	845658

-rb
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Hi Mustafa, welcome.
        By sheer chance, are you in Uskudar? (sorry for the lack of accents), not far fom Mehmet Akif Ersoy Caddesi?
        I have good memories of Istanbul and will be visiting there in less than a year
        Sipping tea and ayran in one of those white ships which criscross the Bosphorus
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hello Juan, Hello Argentina the beatiful, Yes I am in Uskudar with full bosphorus panorama. check mustafa umut sarac istanbul flickr at google and you will see my photographsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2006.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	845660 If you want , my pleasure to send you turkish tea. mustafaumutsarac xxxxxxxx gmail.com

we travel together at here photo is my windows scene. there is more at flickr. vapurs are great

Comment

Working...
          X