Marantz 2285B, maybe a bit off topic, sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marantz 2285B, maybe a bit off topic, sorry

I have almost finished a 2285B I picked from ebay.
    Now I am trying to find where >test point B< is.
    The test and alignment procedure begins here, hooking a scope in test point B, but I don't know where it is...
    Anyone?
    Thanks

Lacking the schematic, it is hard to tell you much. All I can think to say is that test points in schematics may be nothing more than the end of a resistor. They are not alway brought out to some official TEST POINT.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Lacking the schematic, it is hard to tell you much. All I can think to say is that test points in schematics may be nothing more than the end of a resistor. They are not alway brought out to some official TEST POINT.
      yeah, i ran into that when we were talking about the Carver M-500t. they mention a test point, and it actually turns out to be one end of a resistor. The book said something like "measure on the test point side of R150" or something like that. Of course, they expected to you inherently know which side of the resistor was the correct side. It was like playing a game of "guess what I'm thinking."
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Oh, you get used to it. They could say measure the voltage at the collector of Q1234, or they could point to the collector of Q1234 and call it test point 1. Then tell you to measure voltage at test point 1. It's kind of a wash.

In some cases it is assumed you have a copmplete drawing set, when all you have is the schematic. I see that with guitar amps a lot when people downkload a schematic from some guys web site, and it does not include the parts layout that it would from the factory. And if there was an arrow on the layout, it would answer the question left from the schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have a copy of the schematics downloaded for free, but the resolution is low and if I zoom in I get nothing but big square pixels so test point 1 remains unsolved for the moment. In fact I already ordered a copy that claims to have high resolution.
          Well it will be here in a few days so no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X