49,2 mm P-90 parts source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lollar Jason View Post
    49.2 will possibly work with 50 mm parts- were talking the two outside poles would be off set by .38mm and the inner poles would be less so unless your pole piece screw heads are maximum diameter youll probably never notice.
    In my experience, 49.2 and 50 mm parts can be made to work together with very little difficulty 99% of the time.

The only exception I've found to this was a customer who recently had me make a bucker for his Parker Fly and I made the mistake of going 50mm instead of 49.2. The pickup is leg-less and mounts to the guitar via the two outer (high E/low E) pole screws and the Parkers are 49.2. In this case 49.2 and 50 didn't get along at all. But otherwise, yes, even with metal humbucker covers, they will work together.

Comment

So all you want is the bobbin ? ,Contact Jon Gundry from Throbak he makes 49.2 mm period correct 50's style p-90 bobbins .
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I', not sure Jon will sale only the bobbins.

Actually I ordered a 49,2 mm butyrate covers and will try it with my 50 mm soap bar as Jason said.

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          So all you want is the bobbin ? ,Contact Jon Gundry from Throbak he makes 49.2 mm period correct 50's style p-90 bobbins .
          And open that wallet wide.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
            No, as LtKojack has alluded, both the parts and the covers should be 50.8 mm.
            Because the original measurement was 2".
            And if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.

-rb
            I have 2 vintage Gibson P90s - one from 1953. They both measure 1.9375" pole to pole, or 49.2mm. When are you suggesting that they were 2"?

cheers,
            Jack Briggs

sigpic
            www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by marcfrom View Post
              I', not sure Jon will sale only the bobbins.
              https://www.throbak.com/repair-parts--screws.html

cheers,
              Jack Briggs

sigpic
              www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by jack briggs View Post
                I have 2 vintage Gibson P90s - one from 1953. They both measure 1.9375" pole to pole, or 49.2mm. When are you suggesting that they were 2"?
                Oops. Looks like you caught me talking out my arse.
                I took LtK's word when he said:
                Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                Being the P-90 born as a 50.8mm, I don't think you'll have any luck finding alternative measures.
                Since 50.8mm happens to be exactly 2 inches, I naturally assumed....
                But, errm, couldn't those bobbins have shrunk a bit in 64 years?

-rb
                DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Working...
                X