IC adapters SMT to DIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC adapters SMT to DIP

A few times there has been mentioned a need to use modern SMT IC's on boards equipped with DIP's. One of the adapter sources had dried up from what I recall.
    I came across this company, who has pretty much any IC adapter you might need, the link is for simple 8-pin, like op-amps, but they have a lot of different types.

Proto Advantage - SOIC-8 to DIP-8 SMT Adapter (1.27 mm pitch, 150/200 mil body)
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Cool.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nice.
      I've had to make my own on a few occasions.

Comment

Nice, but not at that price. Especially with postage.

Comment

Such adpters in Poland cost 0.3EUR. For example here Adapter programatora bios DIP8 SOP8 SOIC8 F-VAT (5787454051) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

You can do it easily on your own.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
            Nice, but not at that price. Especially with postage.
            Alright, alright you guys. I was so impressed someone was actually making them I didn't pay much attention to the price.
            How about 20 for that price, with free shipping?

20pcs SOP8 SO8 SOIC8 TSSOP8 MSOP8 to DIP8 Adapter PCB DIY Conveter Board new N65 | eBay

Or outside of US:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5pcs-SOP...-/180952961067
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Really nice price. Was just about to buy, then noticed "DOES NOT SHIP TO UNITED KINGDOM". I'll find someone who does, then. 20 would be a nice storecupboard item.

EDIT: just ordered some - 20 for £0.99.
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-SOP8-SO8-SOIC8-TSSOP8-MSOP8-to-DIP8-Adapter-PCB-Board-Converter-1-1x1x0-16cm-/381046238706?hash=item58b8202df2:g-8AAOSwUdlWej6b
              Last edited by Mick Bailey; 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

see addendum to my post #6

Comment

I missed that in my haste!

Anyhow, this all worked out splendidly - see edit to post #7

At this rate we'll find some where the seller pays us to take them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
                    I missed that in my haste!

Anyhow, this all worked out splendidly - see edit to post #7

At this rate we'll find some where the seller pays us to take them.
                    Now looking at all 3 listings, appears one may come with pins, others don't show any. I imagine they're cheap enough.

Comment

The pins are cheap, but only if you buy them from the East - I think I buy them in rows of 40 or something. Another one of those things that's marked up astronomically.

Comment

Mouser's search tree is too tedious for this kind of proto stuff.

Found a few at Digikey under "adapter breakout boards".

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...out-boards/643

Adafruit has them under "SMT breakout PCB" but they don't ship USPS because of an irreducible 1% lossage. Things are tough in NYC. Small parcel shipping from Adafruit starts at $9 so it's better to assemble a $100 order of itty bitty things.

https://www.adafruit.com/?q=smt%20breakout%20pcb

Amazon
                        may be able to fulfill an order when Adafruit is out of stock because they send merch to an Amazon warehouse. That, and Amazon ships more cheaply.

Searching on "MSOP-8 adapter" is fruitful. Some sell a scored panel of 20 (without pin headers) for a reasonable price.

If the price is great but Amazon's predicted arrival date is more than 7 days, it's most likely coming from China. (Well, duh.)

Sparkfun, searching on "DIP adapter" gets results.
                        https://www.sparkfun.com/search/resu...rm=dip+adapter

HTH
                        "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Working...
                        X