Gold Foil pickup screen material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Foil pickup screen material

Any body who make or repair the gold foil type DeArmond gold or silver what do use for the screen ? I have one to repair that is missing the screen material
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

sending you a pm
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Go to a craft store and buy gold ribbon that is used for sewing, very good match.

Comment

> Dollar Tree carries metallic foil wrapping paper that may not match, but looks cool.

> I replaced the metallized vinyl(?) "foil" in a GFS "Gold Foil" with copper mesh, solder-tacked to the cover.
        I got the mesh from my POSSLQ's dad's workshop, but here's a source:
        Copper Mesh Coarse Dense Gauze Mesh #10 20 40 60 80 100 200,width 3" to 20" #VB

-rb
        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          Any body who make or repair the gold foil type DeArmond gold or silver what do use for the screen ? I have one to repair that is missing the screen material
          I just bought some stamped brass hoping it'd work but it was, unfortunately, way too thick.

Comment

I'd like to revive this discussion, because I'm having a hard time finding a match for classic Teisco or DeArmond foils, and as much as some of the above methods look good, it's hard to pass off as authentic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X