Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalamazoo Bass amp help lease?

New Member here.
    My name is Mike, and I've been a guitarist for 47 years. I recently acquired a Kalamazoo Bass amp. Now, they made a "Kalamazoo Bass 30" a "Kalamazoo Bass 50" and a "Kalamazoo Bass". Mine is the plain "Bass". This was a transitional year, a handful of this model were still tube, and most were the new transistor model. Mine is a tube amp. The tube version is basically identical to the "Kalamazoo Bass 30". I know mine is a 30w. Utilizing 2 7591's, and 2 6EU7's.
    A good friend of mine was a bass player, and a serious amp collector. He was going to make this a project amp, with a custom wooden head cab, and custom speaker cab. The original cab was literally disintegrated. But the speakers ( '65 Jensen C10P's) were pristine. I know the amp worked, I was there when he fired it up long ago, but he passed away, and his wife gave me some of his speakers and amps. I want to try to resume this project, but I ran into a big snag, and need some help.
    The first problem is this. He had cut the wires coming from the plug, that plugs the pots, input, and fuse holder, and light to the chassis. Well, its easy enough for me to re solder the colored wires back to their points, but, there are three grey wires, that come from the plug, to the pots, and I have no idea which grey wire end, goes to which grey wire end attached to the pots. I can decipher some things on a schematic, but I have no electronics knowledge other then things I've picked up along the way over the years. I've taken pics of what I have to deal with, and will try to post. I can find pics of the pots, I can find pics of the chassis, but no pics of the wires from the plug to the pots. If I could, I could figure out where the wires from plug socket 1, 2, 3, go to on the pots. I'm hoping someone can tell me which wire goes to which end.
    I should add, on these amps, the treble knob, is also the On/Off switch. I was also hoping, that after I get the wires figured out, if it may be doable for me, to switch out the treble pot and install a regular power switch. As a custom cab project, I was hoping to relocate the pots, the light, input, ( maybe a power switch ) to a front panel, and the fuse holder to the rear of the cab. ( These amps had a flip down panel for the controls )
    Thanks in advance for any help in making this project happen.
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blayd; 07-30-2017, 06:45 PM.

Oh, in case anyone notices, there is a resistor not attached to anything coming off the input jack, in the pics above post, that went to a second input, ( still a single channel ) that someone had disconnected long, long ago. The pots are labeled, "V" volume, "B" bass, and the other is the treble/on/off pot. Pot values are 1MEG volume, 2MEG bass, 2MEG treble/on/off.
    For reference, I am attaching the only decent pics I have found on this set up.
    Thanks again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blayd; 07-30-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

More pics.....Thanks for the replies by the way. Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

try this>

Click image for larger version

Name:	PotsA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	846128
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cjenrick; 08-09-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X