Fender Bassman Ten grille?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bassman Ten grille?

Where can I buy a Fender Bassman Ten wood frame and grille cloth fully assembled and ready to install? Mine is so damaged that i would have to completely rebuild it. If someone already makes one then all the better. Thanks!

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
    Where can I buy a Fender Bassman Ten wood frame and grille cloth fully assembled and ready to install? Mine is so damaged that i would have to completely rebuild it. If someone already makes one then all the better. Thanks!
    One place that comes to mind is Mojo. Check out the page at Mojo Baffles; Narrow Panel Tweed BassmanŽ Style Baffle (4x10")
    I'm not 100% sure that you are wanting a 5F6 Tweed replacement or not. If there are any questions then just discuss with the folks at Mojo before you order. They will make pretty much anything you need.
    Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

Even if they don't catalog what you need, they might be willing to make one to spec for you. I have a friend locally who make very nice cabinetry for his own amps, and could easily make a new panel for a Bassman. I suspect there are folks all over the nation who could as well.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have a B10 that's in dead-mint condition, original baffle, speakers, grille, even the hang tags. I'm hoping some guy will come along who wants the whole cabinet so I can run off with the chassis.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

This is the item that I am referring to. The frame is broken in 3 places. Please note the lovely Popsicle stick repair. (I didn't do it.)

I contacted Mojo and they will build me a frame with grille cloth for $68! My plan is to try to repair the original frame. If I screw it up then I will have Mojo build me one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5613.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	925.8 KB
ID:	846169

Comment

$68 is a fair price. I charged $60 an hour in my shop, and I sure couldn't make one in a hour with $8 for materials.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That looks like an easy fix to me -- just replace a couple of plywood strips and re-staple the screen.

If you go Mojo, the shipping charge could be significant.
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
              X