No announcement yet.

old 'scope for home tube amp work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard sale. I was there about 3 hours after it started. There was a Nicolet (20mhz?) and another B&K (20mhz) scope, i let some other guy take. I missed out on a catalin tube radio ($$$$ebay) that was in the craiglist pictures. They all seem to work fine except the Tek2430, which gives me some self test errors, most likely the backup battery (nvram) is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
      Yard sale. I was there about 3 hours after it started. There was a Nicolet (20mhz?) and another B&K (20mhz) scope, i let some other guy take. I missed out on a catalin tube radio ($$$$ebay) that was in the craiglist pictures. They all seem to work fine except the Tek2430, which gives me some self test errors, most likely the backup battery (nvram) is bad.
      Nice stuff!!!! Oh man I gotta move. Yard sales in my area only have chipped coffee cups, and broken dining room chairs. The people selling used around here mostly want a fortune for really old junk.
      The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
        Looks pretty clean. Will report how it works later today, hopefully.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]44623[/ATTACH]

I tried for hours last night to get a manual online, no luck. Some really old posts that lead to dead links. Any ideas where I can hunt for a manual for this scope?
        Thanks,
        Mike
        Oh, hey! I have the same model. Given to me by the maintenance sup at a dairy processing plant where I worked; when they shut the doors. Yours is a lot cleaner looking
        Easy to use and OK for amp tech stuff. THe link above for the manual will come in handy, too (thanks, Tom!).
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
          Oh man I gotta move. Yard sales in my area only have chipped coffee cups, and broken dining room chairs.
          I have a collection of " one that got away" stories from my customers that live in the Woodstock NY area. Tweed this or that, gone for $20-50. One guy, a friend of a friend, did manage to pick up an early 50's tweed Twin-Amp for an amazing $10. Goodwill store nearby is the place to buy coffee cups for $15 each (!?!) otoh they sold me a terrific Italian suit jacket nice enough to wear to my sister's wedding, it was only $10. The "bargains" run hot & cold there but never any musical equipment.

Keep some cash ready to hand anyway. You don't want to be bottomed-out the day you do find that yard sale that does have the band gear.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
            4 scopes, 3 distortion analyzers and other junk today for $20, they are out there.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44665[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44666[/ATTACH]
            Nice! Great score, man
            If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

For Oscilloscope and other test equipment maunuals then the "Boat Anchour Manual Archive" (BAMA) is always a good place to start looking.

They don't seem to have a manual for a TENMA 72-320 but do have one for a 72-720 which most likely has common circuits.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tenma/72-720

Cheers,
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Gingertube View Post
                For Oscilloscope and other test equipment maunuals then the "Boat Anchour Manual Archive" (BAMA) is always a good place to start looking.

They don't seem to have a manual for a TENMA 72-320 but do have one for a 72-720 which most likely has common circuits.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tenma/72-720

Cheers,
                Ian
                Thanks Ian!
                The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
                X