No announcement yet.

lowering the presence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll jump in with the speaker change too. As a custom builder I can attest that every amp will have a favorite speaker. That's why there so damn many guitar speaker brands and models available! The implication that there may be something "wrong" with one amp because another amp sounds fine with a particular speaker would seem to imply that the world only needs one guitar speaker. Or perhaps even just one amp for that matter. Maybe take the Marshall to a big music store like Guitar Center and just try the amp through as many different speakers as you can and see for yourself.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

tack a .001 across C68 and see what happens, (parallel) if that works, adjust caps til you are happy.
      can ot solder the .001 uf to the leads of the plastic square cap? you can go off the deep sw or R58 with a jumper wire to one end of caap and connect other end of cap to R92 or the top off the Presence pot.

nothing is worse than too much presence, resolution of the pot needs to be reasonable so you can dial your sound at any level.
      Last edited by cjenrick; 08-17-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

how about a snubber cap , 10-33pf across 1 or more plate resistors?

agree on speaker swap....i like the Warehouse Guitar models

Comment

Working...
        X