have you seen this amp from the 1960s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you seen this amp from the 1960s

Amp has no name on it .It looks as if there was a name plate that fell off on the lower right corner of the front .it has 2 chanells 2 inputs per Channel ,and tremelo strength & speed pots ,with foot switch jack.Iy looks like the same layout of the Kent CL21 chassis but jotting like the cabinets that the Kent Amps I have seen so far use.any info you have will be much welcomed .thank you very much,Stephen.
    Attached Files

That cheesy (not) tolex and grill cloth scream Sears Silvertone.... someone using the same sources. A Dan Electro maybe?

Comment

Certainly has the "look" of that factory. May be hard to tell, as they (Valco, was it?) made amps for anyone who paid them... Gibson, Guild, Dano, Sears, Monkey-Ward, who else?

Any speaker or tranny codes?

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
        ...(Valco, was it?) made amps for anyone who paid them... Gibson, Guild, Dano, Sears, Monkey-Ward, who else?
        Don't forget Electromuse.

-rb
        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Who? Heard of Lectrolab...

Justin

Edit: Huh... thank you, Mr. Google!
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromuse
            https://reverb.com/item/46231-valco-...be-amp-vintage

-rb
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I would be leaning towards an Airline (Montgomery Wards), but usually there would be at least a tube chart or an ID plate on the chassis. Western Auto even sold similar amps.

Comment

Working...
              X