Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To gain administrative privileges on almost any Windows 7/8 computer with no tools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To gain administrative privileges on almost any Windows 7/8 computer with no tools...

>>> To gain administrative privileges on almost any Windows 7/8 computer with no tools, you can power off the system, power it on and as Windows is loading, kill it. Power it on again and repeat. The next time you power it on, Windows Startup Repair will load.

Once it’s performed it’s Scan for Problems, there is a little link to view the log file it generates. This opens up in Notepad. Whilst this is open, you can go to File > Open and bam, you have System level access to all files on the Computer.

To gain administrative priviliges when Windows is properly booted, you can go to C:\Windows\System32 and rename “sethc.exe” to “sethc.bak” (this is the .exe for the Sticky Keys application). Next, in the same folder, make a COPY of cmd.exe and rename that COPY to sethc.exe - you have just replaced Sticky Keys with Command Prompt.

Now reboot and the proper version of Windows will load, at the logon Screen press Shift 5 times in rapid succession to load up ‘Sticky Keys’ - but because you replaced it, it will actually load up Command Prompt at the Logon Screen. And due to the way Windows was developed, at the Logon Screen you may think you’re not logged in as anyone, but you have to be for apps like WINLOGON.EXE to load so at the login screen, you’re technically logged in as System. So when the Command Prompt pops up you have complete control over the system. You can create a new administrator account by entering the following commands line by line followed by Enter:

Code:
    net user localadmin /add

net localgroup administrators localadmin /add

net user localadmin 12345
    then reboot the system and when it loads back up, there will be a new account called “Localadmin” with the password “12345” - and this account is an administrator. Log in and do as you wish.

For Windows 10 and Up to Date Windows 7/8 versions you will need to boot into a portable OS such as Linux to achieve this, as Microsoft patched the whole “notepad” trick in Startup Repair.<<<

Source: I get myself into trouble a lot.
    323.7k Views · 3,786 Upvotes

>>> Indeed, once you have actual physical access to the machine, so much becomes easy.<<<

Kevin Borders, Former NSA Employee
    Updated May 19, 2014 · Featured in HuffPost

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...st-people-dont

Steve A.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Cool.
    I HATE not being able to fully access my own computer and my own files , hope this helps.
    Thanks Steve.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

To access windows files from linux.
      Just use any live linux, like Ubuntu.
      Then once you access the windows password files, they could be changed with linux.
      I for one, prefer to salvage the needed data, then wipe the drive, and install Ubuntu.
      It is faster, and more hassle free than windows, no need to register, and your OS will always be up to date, for cheap, as in FREE!
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Cool.
        I HATE not being able to fully access my own computer and my own files , hope this helps.
        Thanks Steve.
        My 2009 HP desktop came with Windows 7 Home Premium which did not give me access to many files saved on the C:\ drive (not system files but documents!) I did find a third-party fix "Take Ownership" which I can run on a folder and all of its subfolders from the right-click menu.

That helped but there are still many limitations on the Home Premium version that really suck.

Steve A.
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          To access windows files from linux.
          Just use any live linux, like Ubuntu.
          Then once you access the windows password files, they could be changed with linux.
          I for one, prefer to salvage the needed data, then wipe the drive, and install Ubuntu.
          It is faster, and more hassle free than windows, no need to register, and your OS will always be up to date, for cheap, as in FREE!
          T
          Thanks for posting that! I have at least a half dozen hard drives that I have saved because they were Windows boot drives that would no longer boot properly but contained data files and documents I wanted to save***. I could mount them as external drives but that would often confuse Windows and gave me at best very limited access.

Much better to access them through Linux! I actually booted up a refurbished Lenovo computer with Linux Mint installed the other day, but only to install Windows 7 for a friend I was giving it to. So I *am* moving towards Linux one small step at a time...

Steve A.

*** For 15+ years I have set up my Windows computers to save data files on secondary hard drives mounted internally since *all* Windows boot drives will eventually fail to boot. However Windows still insists on saving a lot of the data files on the boot drive.

With W7 home premium I have a "My Documents" folder set up on my E:\ drive but Windows still has a similar folder on the C:\ drive which it often uses.
          Last edited by Steve A.; 08-19-2017, 09:07 PM.
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:

Comment

Here's a picture of the program gparted, which is a linux partition tool.
            It shows how this Lenovo is set up.
            Part. 1 EFI-Boot
            Part. 2-6 separate linux OS's
            Part 7 is my Storage drive, and I keep all documents on it.
            All Linux Distro's partitions 2-6 can access this storage drive on Partition 7.
            If I want to reload any of the 2-6 partitions, it doesn't effect the storage on part. 7.
            I also keep duplicates of storage drive, on other machines.
            Attached Files
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Check out "God Mode" guys and while I'm here I find this search tool leaves M$ search for dead!

voidtools

GOD MODE

To turn on God Mode, create a new folder on your desktop--or anywhere you'd like--and name it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}. Don't include the final period. The resulting folder will contain 270 items, representing virtually every configurable option in Windows 7.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Comment

Working...
              X