Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Input Plugs on a Fender Frontman 15R

Hello,
    I would like to know if anyone has had problems with the cheesy plastic 1/4" input Jacks on the Fender Frontman? I want to buy a couple of Up-graded plugs and change them out. Would anyone happen to have an identification name and number of the proper Jack? These are circuitboard mounted and I believe it has four legs to attach it to the board. A part number and even a picture would really help.

Thanks in Advance
    Joe Agora

IMO, the factory jack isn't so bad that I wouldn't just replace it with the same thing. I believe the Fender part number is 099-0912-000. It should look like the one here, although you don't need to buy it from them. I'm posting the link for informational purposes. I'd think Mouser and others have the same thing or similar.

Genuine Fender Amplifier Parts - MONO 4-Pin Box 1/4" Replacement Input Jack

Check that the solder on the jack hasn't cracked loose first. It's not at all uncommon for this to happen. Often the jack is just fine.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Check that the solder on the jack hasn't cracked loose first. It's not at all uncommon for this to happen. Often the jack is just fine.
      I had a similar problem with a Frontman Reverb "Type PR 241" - which, I think, was later renamed as Frontman 15R. It's been a while, so I may be misremembering that the PCB lands to the jack had cracked.

Or was that the Champ 30 DSP? Or the Yamaha piano....

-rb
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Thanks Dude,
        You know the Fender Jack is cheaply made with the plastic housing to include the plastic threads and plastic nut for mounting to the face of the Chassis. I would like to find a suitable substitute with the reinforced metal nut at the input neck of the plug assembly. The problem with this jack is that it was previously owned and whom ever had it? cross threaded the nut when mounting it and over torqued it causing distortion to the entire assy.

Thank You for all of the expert advice
        Joe

Comment

Plastic jacks are by their nature insulated from the chassis. I highly recommend a bad on be replaced by the same type. If someone cross threads one, replace it. Plastic does not mean cheaply made.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

still searching for the 4 stereo and 4 mono input jacks for my 1990 Fender Red Knob Twin. It seems that only Mojo has the original stock ones and more expensive:

Mojo Jacks » Fender 9-Pin PC Mount Jack

Are the ones i am posting here without the transparent lid of lesser quality?
            Attached Files

Comment

I have gotten the 9 pin jacks through Amazon. The supplier is Amplified Parts, they are $6.25/per plus $6 shipping, I think if you order them all together you can combine shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
                I have gotten the 9 pin jacks through Amazon. The supplier is Amplified Parts, they are $6.25/per plus $6 shipping, I think if you order them all together you can combine shipping.
                Amplified Parts = same outfit as Antique electronics / tubesandmore.com .

FWIW they also carry "generic" versions of these jacks at a fraction of the price. I use them. The only difference between generics and Fender parts is, the Fender parts are individually packaged in 'Mr. Gearhead' bags & tags.
                Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 08-23-2017, 07:06 PM.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                  Amplified Parts = same outfit as Antique electronics / tubesandmore.com .

FWIW they also carry "generic" versions of these jacks at a fraction of the price. I use them. The only difference between generics and Fender parts is, the Fender parts are individually packaged in 'Mr. Gearhead' bags & tags.
                  Same as the one i installed yesterday but with no clear plastic lid as the original one. Does it work the same even they do not look as the original stock ones that MOJO TONE sells?

Mojo Jacks » Fender 9-Pin PC Mount Jack

Please confirm before i do my purchase.

Comment

Well, why pay $8.59 at Mojo when the exact same real Fender part is only $6.25 at AES?

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...unt-amps-88-99

And frankly they also sell the generic ones for $1.65 each.

The non-clear-top ones may or may not be the same jack height. You want to have the jack line up with the panel holes.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      Well, why pay $8.59 at Mojo when the exact same real Fender part is only $6.25 at AES?

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...unt-amps-88-99

And frankly they also sell the generic ones for $1.65 each.

The non-clear-top ones may or may not be the same jack height. You want to have the jack line up with the panel holes.
                      Before I got mine from Amplified Parts/tubesandmore I had gotten some generic ones off Ebay and either the height or the offset was wrong.

Comment

do the ones that Amplified Parts / TUbes and more sell have the plastic top lid and correct height as the original fender stock ones?? Please confirm.

Comment

Open the link I posted a few posts back, it is the actual real honest to god Fender part.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

hardwire Switchraft 12A and your good for 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X