Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a pdf of the owners manual for a Peavey RQ200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a pdf of the owners manual for a Peavey RQ200?

A school I service has one of these mixers, which runs on 3 9-volt batteries. I got them a pair of Peavey Dark Matter DM15 powered speakers to use with it, and when they plug a keyboard into the RQ200, the system starts to pop and sounds like something is clipping, but it happens before the output meters ever get close to in the red. Trying to figure out why this is happening. It's a Yamaha keyboard that only has a combined headphone/line output on it, no separate line output. Almost think we are overdriving the channel 1 input, which is the channel we are using. The band director is wanting to use this rig for their keyboard and also to mic up a marimba for a little extra volume. I noticed this evening that the power light on the mixer was dimming before the clipping happened, and the more the mixer was turned up, the more dim the power LED got. Do you think the entire problem could just be low batteries? I really want to refer to the manual for the mixer, but the band director no longer has it, so I was hoping maybe someone here would have a copy of it since it doesn't appear to be on the Peavey website anymore.

Also, would anyone know what model the power supply is for this mixer? I might just call Peavey on Tuesday and see if they still stock them, but I would need the model number of it, I think.

All I know is there are local bands using these speakers and driving them a LOT harder than this school is, just using their keyboard into it. Surely there is an explanation/cause that I can figure out... anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Here is the manual.
    rq_200.pdf

Comment

The power supply is 16Vac rated at 1 amp.

https://www.amazon.com/T-Power-Adapt.../dp/B008G4SE4G

Comment

Thank you SO much! Do you have any idea why I might be seeing clipping, other than maybe the batteries are just low in the mixer?

Comment

Well, are they?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm not sure, the director had already put everything in the field box (mixer is mounted in this large box which also holds the powered speakers in it. One side has a pair of large doors that open to expose the speakers, and the back side has a small door that opens to expose the mixer), and I didn't have time to remove a speaker and check them. I'm guessing that is likely the issue, though.... especially since the power LED was getting dimmer the more signal I ran though the mixer.

I am going to run by the school tuesday morning, I will take my meter with me and check the batteries and find out.

Comment

Just a quick update, it WAS the batteries. Ran the system last night worked beautifully.

Comment

Working...
              X