No announcement yet.

Identifying something on Crate GX15R Circuitboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the one I have. He has a 0.1 ohm power resistor, while our drawing has ten 1 ohm resistors in parallel for the speaker return. I interpret that as a 0.1 ohm, his revision just has the one resistor for it.

Let me hint one more time that it would be helpful to have the schematic posted, since mine is not for your revision.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

g1,
      I checked and mine is a revision 5 circuitboard. I am a novice DIY troubleshooter that doesn't own a smart phone or any fancy computer scanning devices. Nevertheless, the ceramic resistor is very different from all the others and when I Ohmmed it out, I showed 0.0 on the DCV.

Joe

Comment

Yes Enzo,
        I have very limited technical support. No smart phone, scanner, or camera.

Joe

Comment

What form is your schematic in? Most of us get them online somewhere so they are already in electronic form, which you can just post here.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,
            I don't have a schematic of my own, I was hoping this forum had something and they did except for a minor problem. My computer operating system will not convert into a printable PDF file.

Joe

Comment

So you are not looking at any diagrams?

Comment

If you found the schematic here, just post a link to it. We don't necessarily need the file itself posted.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

He was just calling out the resistor as he saw it on the circuit board, not from a schematic.

Originally posted by jagora View Post
                  the ceramic resistor is very different from all the others and when I Ohmmed it out, I showed 0.0 on the DCV.
                  You should be on the ohms range, not DCV. It should measure around 0 ohms.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here is the schematic I have, it includes the "R" model.
                    I assumed the same as Enzo, that the .1 ohm power resistor is used instead of the ten paralleled 1 ohm resistors in the lower right of the drawing.
                    Attached Files
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No Sir, Just looking at what I see on the Circuit Board

Joe

Comment

Hey Dude,
                        I see you remember me from my difficult time when, I was trying to print the diagram?

Joe

Comment

g1,
                          Does it matter where I set the dial indicator on the Ohm's range? The setting options are: 200, 2000, 20k, 200k, & 2000k

Joe

Comment

I see the schematic and back traced the Speaker Out Put leads. In my case, there isn't an actual Speaker Out Jack, it's simply a red & black wire..

Joe

Comment

Does it matter where I set the dial indicator on the Ohm's range? The setting options are: 200, 2000, 20k, 200k, & 2000k
                              This resistor should be measured on the 200 ohm range (because it is less than 200 ohms).

I see the schematic and back traced the Speaker Out Put leads. In my case, there isn't an actual Speaker Out Jack, it's simply a red & black wire..
                              So on the front panel of the amp, there is only the input jack and the headphones jack, but no other jacks?

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/6319279-crat...gZ_D_BwE&pla=1

I had no idea they were this valuable...

Comment

Working...
                                X