Behringer GX212 encoders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer GX212 encoders

If you've replaced the encoders in one of these amps, what did you use? The OEM ones are ALPS and marked '4 HN', but this is not an ALPS reference. They appear to be an odd combination of shaft length and bushing type that doesn't align with the spec sheets for 12mm encoders. Even a Behringer part number would be useful.

Here's a bunch of Behringer encoders. Maybe you can find it there?
    behringer encoder | Search Results | Full Compass
    Bottom row in the middle is one for a GMX212. Maybe it's the same? I know you're in the UK, but if you can find the right one on the page, it will at least get you a part number.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Do you have a failed encoder or a broken shaft? I had an encoder with a broken shaft on a Behringer V-ampire LX112, and I was able to mate an extension to the bit of shaft that was left and attach a knob to that. It isn't totally factory, but it works pretty well.

Comment

Two are broken off right inside the body, one has a remaining hollow stub. If it were just this one I would have fixed it, but while I'm at it may as well replace all three.

Those GMX212 Full Compass encoders look right. I can't see what the difference is between the GM212 and GMX212 amps.

Comment

Late on this, but those encoder shafts have to be the cheapest and nastiest pieces of kit I've yet seen on an amplifier!! I fixed the broken one on mine by finding a spare knob from a pedal project and sanding down a piece of dowel to fit the knobs' hole. I then found a piece of rigid tubing to use as a sleeve over the dowel, and over the stump of the encoder shaft. Once I had it all sized up and working, a little CA glue on each component, and eh, voila; fixed! As gleberg says... "not totally factory, but it works!"

Comment

Late on this, but those encoder shafts have to be the cheapest and nastiest pieces of kit I've yet seen on an amplifier!! I fixed the broken one on mine by finding a spare knob from a pedal project and sanding down a piece of dowel to fit the knobs' hole. I then found a piece of rigid tubing to use as a sleeve over the dowel, and over the stump of the encoder shaft; in the end, I sacrificed an old Biro.... Once I had it all sized up and working, a little CA glue on each component, and eh, voila; fixed! As glebert says... "not totally factory, but it works!"

Comment

Working...
            X