No announcement yet.

switches and voltage ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking the questions. Others probably can answer them better than I can. I made that statement more as a message to those who might decide the switch specs are a problem needing a solution, when in fact they are not.

Many times a young person has written in to ask if he should change out all the (XXXXX) in his amp because they are not up to the spec he thinks they need.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Many times a young person has written in to ask if he should change out all the (XXXXX) in his amp because they are not up to the spec he thinks they need.
      Like when someone asks if they should rip out all of those "awful" blue-drop caps in their fender and replace them with brand-new Zoso caps. ugh.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Was a time when guys were ripping those crappy yellow/green caps out of their Marshalls to replace them with Orange Drops. Now a new generation of the same ilk is lining up to pay $20 a piece for Mustard caps to put them back into those amps
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X